Is Ma Long's lame Olympic Celebration any good for the sport?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
It looked the most boring of all time. What do you think?

malongrioolympicchamion2016.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The thing for me that stood out was the immediate switch from Ma Long the individual to China the country when he grabbed the flag and wanted to hold it with Zhang Jike. I found his celebration to be appropriate. He seems to conduct himself in a very professional manner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
In short, Siva is butthurt that ZJK lost to a pussy.
Honestly, I think the way he conducted himself when celebrating is a good way to promote our sport. ML has lots of fans all over the world, much more so than ZJK. HIs love gesture is much more than appreciated by his fans.

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
The thing for me that stood out was the immediate switch from Ma Long the individual to China the country when he grabbed the flag and wanted to hold it with Zhang Jike. I found his celebration to be appropriate. He seems to conduct himself in a very professional manner.
I haven't seen it yet. He really did that?

That's very classy. Perhaps it'll help ease Zhang Jike's mind as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
ITTF rules are bad for the sport. Its all about the money pool.

They should let more players compete from each country both for olympics and WTTC. You just cant blame the chinese for being too good

It would be great to see XX or FZD competing, or both and even greater to witness them losing to a foreign player or eventually knocking out ZJK or ML. But this is great spectacle for us players/fans who understand their level, the average TV viewer who hasnt played TT will probably think "oh its just another chinese playing against another chinese" (a situation we already witness, in women's competition between europe countries!!)

But seriously, austria germany spain sweden luxemburg netherlands especially in their womens team have at least one chinese competing. So why try to stop them when they have already conquered half of europe's countries?

The only countries that produced consistently male & female players for the past 20-30 years and continue to produce are russia, france, germany,sweden & romania

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
So instead of being vulgar and jumping onto the table (Which is not bad in itself in any way), he showed his love to his fans and supporters, and that's somehow not good for the sport?

That was really funny. When you want to express who you are and that doesn't hurt anyone, why should anyone moral police. Why ALI is the greatest of all time, because he spoke what he felt. He made fun of everyone to a ridiculous extent, Still that man had a pure heart that his arch rivals like Foreman and Frasier are real fans of his character.

What you said is just what the old Britain preaches as the life of a Gentleman. Guess what, it is the most boring and ennervated way of living life. One should express in the right moment of how he feels. Just showing love symbol when you don't feel anything like that just qualifies for a stupid skit. I prefer the real ML feeling of Grand tour final when he said he has arrived. That was way real than this fake BS. Even WWE is much better than these lame stunts.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
In short, Siva is butthurt that ZJK lost to a pussy.
Honestly, I think the way he conducted himself when celebrating is a good way to promote our sport. ML has lots of fans all over the world, much more so than ZJK. HIs love gesture is much more than appreciated by his fans.

You are kidding na. Did you really like that stunt, looked so unnatural. K Ma Long is a introvert, he is not used to gimmickry, let we pardon him that atleast he tried.

Yes, Ma Long is the most technically accomplished player on earth who had ever lived, but that doesn't make him better than ZJK because his strength cannot be quantified and codified. As chimps, we could just feel it. An analogy is the subtle difference between an Artist and being a Draftsman. You can be the best draftsman and create perfect sketches but you need an artist to provide soul to make it a living picture :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Ma Long is criticized for giving credit to his fans for winning? "He's saying this isn't for me it's for you."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
This topic is so ridicilous, lol .. :D
Siva, win OG, then do whatever you want to do, and THEN you can critise what ML did, lol..

Only valid thing in here that stands for thinking about, is - how many chinese represent other countries.

Me personally, I hate Wang Yang being "Slovakian" .. Does he speak Slovak? Not a word..
Yuck..
Okay - we have Bai He too, but that guy at least speaks Slovak language.. Still I would hate if he had to represent our country.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
ITTF rules are bad for the sport. Its all about the money pool.

They should let more players compete from each country both for olympics and WTTC. You just cant blame the chinese for being too good

It would be great to see XX or FZD competing, or both and even greater to witness them losing to a foreign player or eventually knocking out ZJK or ML. But this is great spectacle for us players/fans who understand their level, the average TV viewer who hasnt played TT will probably think "oh its just another chinese playing against another chinese" (a situation we already witness, in women's competition between europe countries!!)

But seriously, austria germany spain sweden luxemburg netherlands especially in their womens team have at least one chinese competing. So why try to stop them when they have already conquered half of europe's countries?

The only countries that produced consistently male & female players for the past 20-30 years and continue to produce are russia, france, germany,sweden & romania

http://olympstats.com/2015/04/25/one-in-every-five-table-tennis-olympians-is-chinese/

This user has no status.
This is a bull shit post. ML won, its his choice. He won. And Siva, what crappy statement about draftsmen and artist? Total crappy discussion is going on.
I am sure, next time people should also post whether ML's pimples make him look a bad and inefficient player in rallies.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Michal_Z

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)
Jan 2011
Why don't you go ahead and win Olympics singles gold? Then we can discuss whether or not your celebration was good for the sport on this forum, Silva.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis