Is Ma Long's lame Olympic Celebration any good for the sport?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Don't forget to take your Ritalin medicine again!

I don't understand this. I always respond to personal comments in the way it was rendered. Then the mod comes and says I am getting personal.

Why the **** are you making personal comments, if you disagree put it in the way it should be. It is easy for me to say you are retarded but that doesn't interest me, sorry

Edit: All Internet pussies hide behind their keyboards when they attack, how about getting face to face and say that. Then, you would know whether you could get away with that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Siva, you should try to understand that its only a matter of personal taste/preference.

Some people like ML's attitude and hate ZJK's "arrogance". Some other people think ML is a wuss and ZJK is macho. Hell some parents even commented that ZJK;s behavior is "bad" example for kids, totally forgetting what being a parent is all about. If u let your kid affected and expect athletes inspire him, ur obviously doing/thinking something wrong .

here, food for thought

Personally, I empathize more with ZJK as a character and as a player because he is one of a kind and brought his own personal flavor and of course for the extreme spectacle & tactical/technical play he offers in crucial points, when most players shit their pants even legends like WLQ ma lin playing it safe etc etc.

I dont think ma long's celebrations are bad or tasteless, but they are common, we have seen them before countless times.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Siva, you should try to understand that its only a matter of personal taste/preference.

Some people like ML's attitude and hate ZJK's "arrogance". Some other people think ML is a wuss and ZJK is macho. Hell some parents even commented that ZJK;s behavior is "bad" example for kids, totally forgetting what being a parent is all about. If u let your kid affected and expect athletes inspire him, ur obviously doing/thinking something wrong .

here, food for thought

Personally, I empathize more with ZJK as a character and as a player because he is one of a kind and brought his own personal flavor and of course for the extreme spectacle & tactical/technical play he offers in crucial points, when most players shit their pants even legends like WLQ ma lin playing it safe etc etc.

I dont think ma long's celebrations are bad or tasteless, but they are common, we have seen them before countless times.

Yes Frenzy, I am saying the same thing. Zhang Jike is a very good role model for a guy who remains persistent when facing rough road. It would have been sufficient for him to retire after olympics with fat paycheck for the remaining life. but, he chose go again for another round. As you know it well, when the dragon rose it made his life pretty hard from then on. Yet, he was chosen by CNT for what he was ahead of XX and FZD. Didn't he deliver, he bet everyone convincingly like the way he played in the past. He made it to finals without losing to any foreigners satisfying all his commitments to CNT. Do you judge a person for how he celebrates after enduring such a rough trail each time?

I am not saying Ma long is a wuss, but he is different and I can't emphathize with his feeling. There everyone has a opinion.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Of course I dont judge anyone for doing anythig. I just provided examples of how people think and sometimes expressing stupid opinions based on a sentimental foundation not a logical one.

LGL proved correct once again, FZD is too young and most likely he would be affected by the olympics environment. Selecting him at no4, clearly shows that he wants him to take a taste on the biggest event in order to participate and provide results in the next one. As for XX his results in important tournaments speak for themselves about whether he deserved to be in rio singles or not

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I think Siva wrote this because he is frustrating from the simple celebrating and he can not do a proper video where he will do something like ma does. I understand.

Reactions: eyepop
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
We might as well start talking about horoscopes. Not that I believe in it, but the logic behind it is not that stupid.
It's all about understanding individual thoughts and actions. Some is calm and collected and appreciate what is, someone feel the need to thrash some walls.. some can't understand when people is more calm and collected than they would be... or is just not "cool" enough for their taste.
People have different personalities and live life in different ways, people can have opinions on why they think a person is not doing "what they think is better", and therefore they have trouble understanding (or feeling?) the logic behind other peoples actions, since "you" would definitely not do that in the same situation, because you have a different mindset.
And hey, he could have jumped on the table again and screamed, but maybe he had some personal reasons as of why he wanted to share the love sign as celebration with everyone? Who are we to criticize that for?
You know, the pure essence of Ma Long's symbol provides the oposite of what you just attacked him for.
Which I would say is good for the sport. At least better than kicking down posters. But I bet you thought that was cooler.
If one can't emphathize with others feelings, we're better off not attacking them. Not even indirectly.
Just my thoughts.