• France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
.... and I thought Dan has hired a ghost writer to do that ....
You guys should know, Dan is pretty sneaky in a certain way that is kind of cool. He wants other people to be on top. He planned it that way.

If you look at it, he has two profiles: Dan and TableTennisDaily. If you look at the all-time stats and add the numbers for Dan and TableTennis Daily together, we are actually pretty close. This month too, if you add those two together, we are pretty close. :)

So don't let him fool you. But keep hitting the like button for him anyway. :) He deserves it for being the Mojo behind this great site.

This user has no status.
I think Japan was the second best (women) team, but Germany had a great day. It's a pity Ai didn't have a good torunament, shee seems to struggle against defenders. Ishikawa was ok, as i expected, on the other side Mima Ito impressed me, although she lost against Solja, she could clearly defeat feng tianwei. I think she can reach the chinese if she keeps improving.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Do you think Liu Shiwen will play in the next Olympics singles in 2020 ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
China will easily beat Japan in the last Gold Medal match of Men's Team. While the bronze medal match will be tough one and I am not sure if NK can beat GER or not.

This user has no status.
Do you think Liu Shiwen will play in the next Olympics singles in 2020 ?

It depends on how much Zhu Yuling will improve till 2020. If she manages to win the world championships in 2019, I think China will send once again World Champion+Olympic Champion.

But ofc, it's too early to talk about this. 4 years is quite a long time, anything can happen. In 2020 ZYL will be 25, so she should be somewhere near her peak. LSW and DN will be 29 and 30, respectively. LXX has just announced her retirement being aged 28. Everything just seems too uncertain atm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Some players become better and more experiences as they grow older, example is ML. DN facing a lot of injuries like with a shoulder but LSW seems to be quite solid and might still be good enough to play in the next Olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Definately and against defending champion Ding Ning

LSW has to win a title. That she is the 3rd player is a good thing for her, but she has to graduate with a major title. Zhu Yuling and Chen Meng can also insert themselves into the conversation if they win major titles. The only people guaranteed to go are the world champions in the previous cycles if Chinese selection criteria holds.

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
China will easily beat Japan in the last Gold Medal match of Men's Team. While the bronze medal match will be tough one and I am not sure if NK can beat GER or not.

Just as a correction, it will be South Korea, not North Korea :)

Just trying to avoid any confusion!

This user has no status.
In my opinion LXX was still the best current female TT player, her FH was still superior to DN's and LSW's. But She got it all already so She has earned her retirement of international competition, she can still give to the TT world, maybe coaching new generations etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In my opinion LXX was still the best current female TT player, her FH was still superior to DN's and LSW's. But She got it all already so She has earned her retirement of international competition, she can still give to the TT world, maybe coaching new generations etc.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

I don't know if she was technically superior - she was the most powerful female player. The edge that gave her showed in a lot of situations. But I think Chen Meng, if she gets her head together, can rival that. Solja possibly can if she lose some weight to improve her mobility.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
LXX lost a match to Zhu Yuling in the 2016 China Warm Up Matches for Olympics so she's not that good.