Pick your team to beat the CNT

Which 3 would make up your team to beat the CNT?

• Jun Mizutani

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuang Chih-Yuan

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other (name it)

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
The only way to do this is to bend the rules a little bit.

Hmm, Timo Boll with his physique from the 2005 world cup and his technique from the 2015 Chinese Superleague.
Jun Mizutani (current form)
Vladimir Samsonov (current technique and overview but with his physique from 2001).
Dimitrij Ovtcharov (current from) as a reserve player.

Tactical Coach: Jan-Ove Waldner.

They are still not favourites but they definitely stand a chance.

This user has no status.
1) Ovtcharov, the best non chinese player right now.
2) Mizutani, he can play better than Ovtcharov but he is less regular (i have no doubt he can be 3° in ittf ranking if he keeps playing like he did in rio).
3) Lee Sangsu, he's very fast, his shoots, his footwork, and i think he can still improve.
4) Wong Chung Ting / Koki Niwa

I'd also like to mention Calderano, he showed his best form at the olympics, i don't know if he'll can compete against the chinese some day, but i think in a few years he can reach a very good level (top 10).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Jung Youngsik (vs Ma Long), Dima or Mizutani (Vs. Xu Xin), Liam Pitchford (Vs. Zhang Jike). I could also switch these players around but I believe these players can do it, though I may have to sub out Dima if he has to play Ma Long and replace him someone else or just put Mizutani vs Zhang Jike. I think these players will beat the CNT top 3 at least once in the next 2 years if they haven't already like Dima has.
How you like me now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Mizutani with his previous losses to Xu Xin overcomes his psychological demons! Hope to see him shake up the top 3 ranking spots in the next year or so. I think he might beat the #1 also soon enough. Or am I dreaming like that Japanese fan?

OTOH, I think Waldner would enjoy this 40+ ball. He will block players like XX (maybe even ML?) to death. Can't risk running around the BH and exposing the whole table.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Jun has beaten Xu Xin , but you have to take into account the fact that Xu Xin was underplayed in this tournament by LGL and asking him to play #2 is a big ask , especially directly in the Olympic final ... I am pretty sure CNT coaches will find out holes in his game , because clearly XX choked at the end ...
you have to remember that getting the last point is the most difficult psychologically , especially in a close game ...

My plan still remains with JYS , Dima and Samsonov ... I feel if you can figure out the combination such as

1. JYS plays ma long
2. Dima Play's Zhang Jike
3. XX, ZJK plays Dima and Samsonov in the doubles ( we give it up and focus on the singles )
4. Dima plays Ma Long
5. Samsonov plays Xu Xin ...

I am hoping to win 1, 2 and 5

Mizutani with his previous losses to Xu Xin overcomes his psychological demons! Hope to see him shake up the top 3 ranking spots in the next year or so. I think he might beat the #1 also soon enough. Or am I dreaming like that Japanese fan?

OTOH, I think Waldner would enjoy this 40+ ball. He will block players like XX (maybe even ML?) to death. Can't risk running around the BH and exposing the whole table.