Bandage Scissors for cutting your rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Have you ever tried the carving tip shown in my photo? The curve of the cutting edge combined with the angle of the point work really well

I've tried one similar. I use one thinner. I don't like either of the ones in your photo because of how thick they are. More of the blade going through the rubber increases surface tension.

Everyone likes things differently and we learn from experience. You can probably cut damn well with what you're using, and I can cut damn well now with what I'm using

Edit: I also just looked at my bigger handle and noticed the reason I dislike it is because of the blades I use. They're just too small for that handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I use a regular box cutter that can be bought at any hardware or Walmart store, the Irwin blades I get at a Ace hardware store, they are better than the Stanley blades and cost more. I lay my blade down on a plastic cutting board and I make 3 to 4 cuts around the blade and never try to cut completely thru on one pass. But the light weight oil really helps. Any sewing machine or fishing reel oil will work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I understand how you feel, cutting rubber (for me at least) is a nerve-racking task due to the fear of stuffing up. i remember using a Stanley knife for my first bat, it was a HORRIBLE job but it fortunately did not affect the performance of the rubber. i recommend to use a scalpel, rubber cutters, table tennis rubber scissors, electric scissors or get your local shop to do it. take time in cutting your rubber, dont rush it and remember to be straight and DONT cut inwards or you will get a shocking result like me all those years ago.