Problem boosting rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
You could also put the LP's in your microwave and cover some places up so they dont lose the grip.
Also there is a green paste that the italians used to smear onto their LP's that would make the sides of the Lp anti as well :)
And i heard there are lps that have pips with different height and different angle :O

This user has no status.
Just out of curiosity - since boosting apparently is an accepted practice, I suppose you won't mind if I 'boost' my LP rubber by UV exposure or some other creative means, in order to make it play 'better' ? :D

Not a moral judgement question, I really don't care what my opponent might have done to their inverted rubber - simply wonder what you think about playing someone with LP treated that way.
All the top players boost,not a big problem:cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So when will the boosting be complete?When it's dome shape or when you can no longer see the booster clearly?

Whenever you want it to be complete. Not everyone boosts the same way or enjoys the same level of boosting. You just do it and see if you like how the paddle plays.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I have just try boosting h3n with falco tempo long booster for the first time : I put thebglue then a layer of booster and I let it for 12 hours. It begins to be curved then I put a second layer and I let it for 12 hours and it becomes more curved like a bridge ! (The layers are thin) and I let it for 12 hours then I put a third layer and it becomes a tube. Then I let it for 4 days until it is less curved (like a flat bridge) and I glue it.
I have just try it and I feel it isn't enough booster lol ! First experiance of boosting... My h3n is a little bit more dynamic but not too much, so I gain a little bit of speed but I don't know why but I feel less spin produced ! My topsheet isn't as tacky as my previous h3n non booster... I'm using a stiga allround evolution.
I compare to Dan's Hurricane 8 test, it doesn't feel the same, his boosted h8 seems to be 100x more dynamic than mine (2 layers of dian chi oil). Am I doing wrong ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So to make it a dome more booster would have to be applied?Sorry,I'm a first-time booster;).If it's not a dome how well will the hurricane play?

Softer may be all you need. Why not just play with the damn thing and stop asking questions that will never get you the answers you need?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So to make it a dome more booster would have to be applied?Sorry,I'm a first-time booster;).If it's not a dome how well will the hurricane play?

Yeah, I get your anguish.

When I used to use Hurricane and boost I would slap on as much boost as I could as fast as I could. Like, I would add a layer of boost, let it sink in, when it was absorbed, I would add another, then another, and then I would put it on my blade as soon after as I could so that I glued it on before the rubber curled.

There were a few times where the rubber started curling off the blade while I was playing. When that happened I pressed the rubber down at the edges like you see CNT players do all the time in their matches.

A few times I decided I would take the rubber off at night after playing to let some of the boost evaporate and then glue it back on. But it was always okay to play.

And the way I looked at it is, the boost expands the sponge. That is what makes the rubber play better. The dome shows it expanded but the dome doesn't matter aside from demonstrating that the sponge expanded.

If you waste all that time with getting the sponge to curl up and then uncurl, all that time while the rubber is curling and uncurling is good boost effect wasted. Yep. That is how I thought about it.

So the real thing is to test and see. Over time, if you try out different amounts of boost and different methods of boosting you will know how much boost you like to use and whether you like taking 6 days to apply the boost and wait for the dome to recede or if you like the throw it on and and glue it on before the sponge curls up method.

Only you will know what enough boost is. Nobody else can answer that kind of question. Because it depends on how you feel and what you like. There is no objective scientific, correct amount of boost. There is only different people who like more or less boost.

Part of why I switched from H3 to spring sponge and/or tensor type rubbers is I didn't want to always be messing with my rubbers and trying to adjust the amount of boost so they played how I liked. I found it a waste of energy.

Anyway, good luck experimenting. Trust what you think you feel when you try your boosted rubbers.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
i play h3 any and all variants without speedglue or booster. i tried various speedglue and boosters for testing purposes before just to have the experience.

i play with h3 for years and also train with coach using it, so after, no problem using it without speedglue/boosters. i adjusted to it and accepted it for its flaws and uniqueness... :cool:

i play h3 any and all variants without speedglue or booster. i tried various speedglue and boosters for testing purposes before just to have the experience.

i play with h3 for years and also train with coach using it, so after, no problem using it without speedglue/boosters. i adjusted to it and accepted it for its flaws and uniqueness... :cool:

mane, unboosted h3 while the spin is there, it lacks of catapult, therefore your ball will land in the middle, not near the white line of opponent's table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Also I usually apply glue before boosting like in this tutorial, though it is probably possible to do it the other way.

Yeah I've applied boost before the glue. It works fine and your rubber will dome. But I will say this.

Do not ever do the boost before glue method on any DHS rubber. To me that's a guaranteed bubble. But any other rubber? no problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
The only H3 that I have boosted that bubbled was the Neo version, the non Neo I have boosted have never bubbled, and I boost directly on the sponge before applying the glue. And I have boosted H3 rubbers going on three years.

Ya'll spend hours and hours, days upon days, boosting the rubber. Then play a 30 minute match. Then do it again for the next match. Something isn't right here.

Time is money, I'd rather $$pend for the rubbers and play/practice with my hours. Hours of practice is better than hours of boosting.

What am I missing here?