Has anyone tried MIZUNO Wave Drive 7 shoes? Any info on them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
I used them. They have very good support, so maybe that's a good thing for your back. But the grip wasn't ok for me; I play on lots of different floors and I need shoes with better grip. The shoes with only the standard yellow sole, like the Wave Drive 7's, don't seem to have enough grip. Shoes with a few other parts in the sole with gummy rubber is wat I need. Those gummy parts are softer and have more grip. If you only play on special table tennis floor like taraflex, the Mizuno's are great.

Something like this: http://www.terapeak.com/worth/asics...e-tennis-ping-pong-shoes-tob518/331701834379/ (I think they are ugly, but their soles look grippy)

Reactions: ridderz65
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I bought these shoes a short time ago and this is what I can say about it so far:
At first I used regular sneakers to play table tennis and when I wore the Drive 7's for the first time, I noticed they're a lot more comfortable. The damping is really nice and it also prevented foot fatigue which I experienced with other shoes. The model is really low, that was something I wasn't used to, but it turned out that this really wasn't a problem. When it comes to grip, until now I only played on wooden floors and I had plenty of grip. Only when some sweatdrops hit the floor, the grip got noticably worse. I can imagine that this will be the case with any shoe to a certain extent though. These shoes are also very light.

Since these are my first pair of 'real' table tennis shows, it's impossible for me to make a comparison with other table tennis shoes. Despite this, I hope this will help you a bit.

Reactions: ridderz65
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I use those as well since about 3 months and I must say i really like them.
The grip is more than enough for sports floorings. But they seem to weigh a little more than my old asics, but a little less than my Nike indoor soccer shoes, which i've used more than two years.
I'm totally satisfied with this shoe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
I had Mizuno Wave drive 6 shoes (should be similar) for a year. Grip was ok, fine on good floors, not that great on sub-optimal floors. Comfort was excellent and they were very light as well.

My current shoes (Asics Cybergel) have better grip, which is good for me as I don't always get to play on good floors. However they aren't as comfortable and light.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I was doing some research on this a while back and what I found as a consensus over the reviews in forums was that Wave Drive 6 was better than Wave Drive 7 , in overall quality , comfort and longer lasting. contra.de had wave drive 6 in stock in case you change your mind ...