Best up-an-coming players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I'm going off to college in a few days so now I'll have a lot more time to watch very high level table tennis events as well as some of the lower tiered events and athletes.

Do you guys know of any rising stars who I should keep an eye on? I think it'd be fun to watch a lower ranked (but still high level) player grow into the upper echelons of the rankings.

I already have my eye on the 12 yr old Harimoto from Japan. Any other suggestions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Assuming you're going to school in the US? Any Americans to watch? Have you checked TT players in the NCAA? You may find one at a local University or even your University.

BTW, if you're going off to University, are you on any TT team?

Yea I'm actually starting a team at Loyola, which is the school I go to. I know the school close to me, northwestern, has a team but I don't know if they will allow me to play there.

And the NCAA idea is a good one. Definitely gonna do that.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I've already checked out most of the people you guys listed and these kids seem to be really talented and rising quickly. Just what I wanted!

Cept you boogar.

Jkjkjk ????????????

I know the area well, I grew up in Niles (a suburb). Have the Loyola coach speak to the Northwestern coach (they're what, 7-9 miles apart on LSD (Lake Shore Drive)? maybe you/they could have some intra-school drills? That would give you some credence and players that you can 'buddy' with.