TableTennisDaily Podcast #15 - Steve Dainton

Welcome to episode 15 of the TableTennisDaily podcast, today on the show we are joined alongside the Marketing Director of the ITTF, Steve Dainton.

Steve Dainton has had the role as the ITTF Marketing director for the last 8 years now, where he has been charged with helping grow and promote table tennis worldwide. Steve has had an instrumental role on developing the ITTF's new form of table tennis known as TTX! Find out everything you need to know about TTX, plus many other ITTF hot topics, including the plastic ball, funding and more!

<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4606930/height/360/width/640/theme/standard/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/backward/no-cache/true/" height="360" width="640" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Breakdown of the podcast

00.00 Intro
01.03 Steve’s thoughts on Rio.
03.04 How’s the launch of TTX going in Rio?
05.05 New sport or a new concept of rules?
07.15 Will pro players play or is it designed for the general public?
08.55 Why not just keep the same rules, why change them?
11.29 Will there be TTX Equipment?
12.45 Steve talks about the vision of TTX and long term events, world championships?
14.32 Steve talks about how TTX will benefit National Governing Bodies in terms of participation figures etc.
18.13 Technology and TTX.
19.13 The marketing director of the ITTF explains exactly what the rules of TTX are.
21.35 You can serve absolutely anywhere, all serves count in TTX.
25.25 Dusseldorf next year first serious flagship event.
25.44 Have the ITTF just took the idea from the World Ping Pong Championships?
28.25 Will TTX primarily be played outdoors, where will it be played?
30.35 Getting celebrities involved and building the social community of Table Tennis
31.16 Whens TTX going to start?
32.50 Will pro players get involved in TTX?
33.33 Steve discusses what TTX events will look like.
35.15 Other new table tennis concepts including Headis.
36.26 Steve responds to UpSideDownCarls question on confusion with service rule from TTX to TT.
37.79 TTX Equipment
41.35 Steve discusses the net height increase in Table Tennis and whether its going to happen.
43.35 The TTX ball.
46.05 The research and professionalism gone into TTX.
46.55 The plastic ball in table tennis.
51.09 Why doesn’t the ITTF put money into school table tennis rather than TTX.

For more information about TTX visit here.http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...all-about-the-new-revolution-of-table-tennis!

What do you think of TTX? Is this a good move from the ITTF? And what do you think about other issues and controversial topics discussed? We look forward to your opinions.

If you would like to save or listen to the podcast on itunes, search TableTennisDaily in the itunes store. If you are an android user you can download the Stitcher app and search for TableTennisDaily.

Thanks for listening!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 4 reviews
OF course. But for the former, I think you will look hard to find a sport that has the same benefits as table tennis through all age groups. Table tennis can be sold to nerds as a great form of exercise. And it gets addictive if you play it often enough.

A female star could do it, but my point is that events could be created that attract women. Synchronized play and teamwork tends to be appeal to women.

Really good point about nerds I never really thought about that, which is weird seeing as I am one myself. It's so true though!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl