German League 2016/2017

Which team will win the German League 2016/2017?

• SV Werder Bremen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borussia Düsseldorf

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • ASV Grünwettersbach

• TTC RhönSprudel Fulda-Maberzell

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • TTC Zugbrücke Grenzau

• Post SV Mühlhausen

• TTF Liebherr Ochsenhausen

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • TTC Schwalbe Bergneustadt

• 1. FC Saarbrücken-TT

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
The new season of the German League or Tischtennis Bundesliga (TTBL) will be opened on August 28!

The following 9 teams will be playing this season:

cache.php

cache.php

TTBL 16/17 teams - images by ttbl.de

Defending champion Düsseldorf has some major team changes; Franziska and Gionis left, but Fegerl, Källberg and Karlsson joined the team. Other changes are:
Grünwettersbach: Geraldo left, Morizono and Qiu joined.
Grenzau: Yoshida and Gacina left, Lei and Sambe joined.
Mühlhausen: Bardon left, Habesohn joined.
Ochsenhausen: Pitchford left, Geraldo and Muramatsu joined.
Bergneustadt: Tsuboi left, Schreiner joined.
Saarbrücken: Mattenet left, Baum and Franziska joined.

Round 1 schedule:

Su. 28.08.2016 15:00 Ochsenhausen vs Grenzau
Su. 28.08.2016 15:00 Bremen vs Fulda
Su. 28.08.2016 15:00 Bergneustadt vs Grünwettersbach
Su. 04.09.2016 15:00 Saarbrücken vs Mühlhausen

More info at the official website: www.ttbl.de
Live streaming on TableTennisDaily here.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I like very much the young team of Liebherr-Ochsenhausen. I also hope that Kallberg will get enough chances to play and it will be interesting how will Timo perform this season. Saarbrucken has a very strong team and I see them as one of the main contenders for the title.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
I think Düsseldorf certainly has a very strong team with 5 top-100 players, and Saarbrücken and Ochsenhausen are good runner-ups. But don't underestimate Fulda - Wang Xi and Filus don't play many tournaments, but they managed to end up in first place last season with the exact same team:
1. Fulda 28:8
2. Saarbrücken 28:8
3. Ochsenhausen 26:10
4. Düsseldorf 20:16
(Düsseldorf won the title via play-offs)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
offtopic: can someone drop the link to other (lower) german leagues with players list results and so on? Does it even exist? :D

You might need a german dictionary, but you can find all the Info you asked for here:

https://dttb.click-tt.de

These are only the five highest leagues. If you're also interested in lower leagues follow the links on the bottom left side to the websites of the provinces (Bundesländer)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
You might need a german dictionary, but you can find all the Info you asked for here:

https://dttb.click-tt.de

These are only the five highest leagues. If you're also interested in lower leagues follow the links on the bottom left side to the websites of the provinces (Bundesländer)

Some questions:
1) What does (SBE) means next to player?
2) Why in 1. BL only 9 teams? I mean the system is not that 2 losers go to 2. BL and from 2. BL two winner teams goes to 1. BL ??
3) In all leagues ranking is counting only for deutch players?
4) for example 2. BL they play till team takes 9 matches? But its possible to have a draw (8:8), right?

Thanks in advance :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi everyone

Im looking forward to the german bundesliga, however i am dissapointed that liam pitchford is playing in the french league, as i am english he was one of my favourite players to watch.

I just had a brain wave in the past 10 years the german league was by far one of the strongest leagues in the world, it had all the best players around the world and europe.

Now recently in the last 2 or 3 years it seems the french pro league is getting stronger and stronger...

If you looks at people in the french league you have got paul drinkhal, marcos freitas, emanual lebenson, koki niwa... i think in my opinion is better in terms of overall strenght. The german league has really gone down the drain lately. Most teams have old players like bastian steger, kirill skatchkov, achanta all these table tennis giants who are passed there sell by date. On the other side of the coin you have these young unknown young guns who arent even ranked like liang qui, benedickt duda, average players at best

Its no wonder liam left and went to play in the french league, he knew the ship was heading into a crash and jumped over board.

What do people think, do i make a strong case or do you think im talking total bull s**t.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Hi everyone

Im looking forward to the german bundesliga, however i am dissapointed that liam pitchford is playing in the french league, as i am english he was one of my favourite players to watch.

I just had a brain wave in the past 10 years the german league was by far one of the strongest leagues in the world, it had all the best players around the world and europe.

Now recently in the last 2 or 3 years it seems the french pro league is getting stronger and stronger...

If you looks at people in the french league you have got paul drinkhal, marcos freitas, emanual lebenson, koki niwa... i think in my opinion is better in terms of overall strenght. The german league has really gone down the drain lately. Most teams have old players like bastian steger, kirill skatchkov, achanta all these table tennis giants who are passed there sell by date. On the other side of the coin you have these young unknown young guns who arent even ranked like liang qui, benedickt duda, average players at best

Its no wonder liam left and went to play in the french league, he knew the ship was heading into a crash and jumped over board.

What do people think, do i make a strong case or do you think im talking total bull s**t.

I agree with you it seems the younger generation are going to the French League therefore long term it will be a stronger league. Timo Boll has the German League wrapped around his finger. I would like to see Ovtcharov, Samsonov and Mizutani play in the French or German League rather than the Russian League. This would be cool.

The one thing the German League does well with is the live streaming. Looking forward to seeing how Liam Pitchford performs in the French League to. Paul versus Liam will be a good match to watch.

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Today's matches! Round 1: 28th August 2016

Live streaming:

TTC Schwalbe Bergneustadt vs ASV Grünwettersbach

<iframe src="http://tv.ttbl.de/play/00d366004b4101347e1a7054d2ab776f" width=640 height=360 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen></iframe>

TTF Liebherr Ochsenhausen vs TTC Grenzau

<iframe src="http://sportdeutschland.tv/play/0e414ea04aa301347dc67054d2ab776f" width=640 height=360 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen></iframe>

SV Werder Bremen vs. TTC RhönSprudel Fulda-Maberzell

<iframe src="http://sportdeutschland.tv/play/7de4cdd04aa401347dd17054d2ab776f" width=640 height=360 frameborder=0 allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
why does Ovtcharov not play in the Bundesliga? is it cause the Russian League pays more?

I'd imagine the competition in Germany is better? or is it cause he gets to train with Samsonov and Mizutani and/or is it for the bigger picture win in the Champions League?