"Deadest" blades out there?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I'm looking for blades that almost no 'feel' or vibration to them. The kind of blade that when the ball hits correctly, you barely even notice the contact!

So far, the closest I've come to this is the garaydia T5000 from butterfly. Along with the Xiom Axelo. The sweet spot feels like hitting into a cloud of air! Is this the effect of a really 'fast' blade or more of the materials used?

Any similar blades with this feeling? Any type of material is fine with me.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Interesting. What makes you want a blade that gives as little feedback as possible?

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Well, they give feedback but not the woody/doink variety. With the T5000, if I hit it wrong then I can feel the bad vibration and dull sound. However, if I hit the sweet spot... it's like with knockout punches -- you don't feel anything on contact, whereas if you hit the forehead or something with your fist, you'll get immediate feedback!

So the 'dead' feeling is one that almost disappears on the paddle so to speak. It's so subtle and immediate that you may not even be sure you hit the ball! With other blades, I think even when the sweet spot is hit you can still feel and notice a lot of vibration/sound/contact point. My first real paddle so to speak, was one of the dead variety. I guess it's just what I grew accustomed to and still find most enjoyable.

I sold that blade away a long time ago... thinking I could just buy a new 'better' one since more expensive blades must feel like this one, only better, right?! Evidently not! I've always been left chasing that one that got away :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
And which blade was that?

As for being the deadliest blades... I think these would fit the bill, deadliest in variety of ways...

b06524a3595f6b82e0ca30d9ca12adc1.jpg

Custom made from 250 grams up to 1 kilo grams.

[emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

Reactions: BeGo
says what [IMG]
I can see where you're coming from, but I think it will have some side effects that maybe you won't like. To achieve the dead feeling, you can't just "make" a blade dead like you can't just "make" a car's ride comfortable or a daily appliance more economic to produce. There's bound to be some kind of negative aspect you might want to look at.

But hey, you can play with anything you want. It's just interesting you want this feeling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm looking for blades that almost no 'feel' or vibration to them. The kind of blade that when the ball hits correctly, you barely even notice the contact!

So far, the closest I've come to this is the garaydia T5000 from butterfly. Along with the Xiom Axelo. The sweet spot feels like hitting into a cloud of air! Is this the effect of a really 'fast' blade or more of the materials used?

Any similar blades with this feeling? Any type of material is fine with me.

I believe the Garaydia T5000 is the ultimate in this direction . A guy I know who thinks like you uses a Sardius. The chart provided by Mr Tom is the best source for butterfly blade characteristics.

Were it not for my Sardius using friend ( and you may be him for all I know) I would have considered you an alien. But on the other hand, he has played for many many years and has a notorious hooking lefty sidespin style that can just mess you up because of its sheer uniqueness.

I tend to prefer blades with more feedback for adult learners trying to expand their games but in the end the game must be fun. I just hope you are pretty sure about what you are doing because the difference in vibrations is so small and the blades are so fast it is hard to learn with those blades unless you have extremely good touch. And my friend does not in a relative sense but he is about 2000 so I have to accept that it has worked relatively well for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I agree with Herbert, Balsa.
I've used the TSP Balsa 8.5 and it is both dead, and deadly.

I believe the blade I learned on was balsa. A friend of mine at the time knew a blade maker, and he had one crafted up for me. So it wasn't a name brand that I can look up, and since it's been sold away I'm not positive as it was over 10 years ago!

I'll give that 8.5 an order today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I believe the Garaydia T5000 is the ultimate in this direction . A guy I know who thinks like you uses a Sardius. The chart provided by Mr Tom is the best source for butterfly blade characteristics.

Were it not for my Sardius using friend ( and you may be him for all I know) I would have considered you an alien. But on the other hand, he has played for many many years and has a notorious hooking lefty sidespin style that can just mess you up because of its sheer uniqueness.

I tend to prefer blades with more feedback for adult learners trying to expand their games but in the end the game must be fun. I just hope you are pretty sure about what you are doing because the difference in vibrations is so small and the blades are so fast it is hard to learn with those blades unless you have extremely good touch. And my friend does not in a relative sense but he is about 2000 so I have to accept that it has worked relatively well for him.

I'm in no danger of being ranked that high as of now! :p

The t5000 probably is pretty close to the limit, given the legal wood to composition material %s. I agree that it's a pretty fast blade! So is it correct to assume that the innate speed/power is what gives that 'dead' feel? I may have to give the thicker balsa blades a go to see if that same feel is available in slower setups.

For what it's worth, I try to model my game on one similar to Jose Luis Machado's as seen here:

With some attempts at Kenta Matsudaira's side spin and chop blocks! The problem is, if I get driven far off the table... I prefer to chop the ball! So the blocking blade doesn't fit the chopping needs perfectly. My footwork is nonexistent, but I have fast hands, quick wristy shots, and a relatively good feel for blocking the ball (drop/pull-back blocks to draw the loopers in, and then slam it past them, rhythm and tempo changes etc).

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
From what I read, the garaydia t5000 is meant to be a schlager remake?

But with Garaydia T5000 at 7.2mm and Schlager Carbon at 7.4mm, the Schlager Carbon takes the cake. The Schlager Carbon should have a little more of that same thing than the Garaydia T5000.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I had the Schlager for years - The Garaydia T5000 has more feedback/feel/vibration than the Schlager ever did.

Going back lack to the original post, if you want to have a blade that you don't feel at all (when you hit the sweet spot), then load up a Schlager with some Tenergy (or another thick rubber/sponge combo).

Dream boat.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl