Do you use video analysis in your table tennis training?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys,

I recently wrote a new article on icoachtabletennis.com about the advantages of using video analysis during my coaching sessions. It got me wondering does anyone here on TTD use video analysis to improve their technique, watch match play etc? When I was in Sweden the Japanese team used a lot of video analysis on their players looking at where points were won etc.

I think video analysis is a great, easy tool to use which can improve weaknesses, help spot whats causing an injury, model yourself against pros and lots more . Heres the article here: http://www.icoachtabletennis.com/the-use-of-technology-in-table-tennis-coaching/

tech.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I use Kinovea video analysis tool for coaching with some of my students - it's very good for slow-mo analysis and comparisons, drawing on the video etc. Runs on android and windows, which is handy too.

There was an interesting product called R-deX:tt for match tracking that I was sent a demo of a few years ago, it was basically an A4 sheet of paper divided up into 3 parts: Scoring sequence (to track who was winning points on their serves/receives), How the points are decided - tracking whether points were won on serve/receive/3rdball/4th/rally - and The Winning shot - to track what type of shot won the point, where it was located, where it was played from. I think the company must have gone out of production since I can't find any mention of it on the internet. When I get back home tonight I might try to dig it out, scan a page and show you what it looks like, I don't think anyone would mind at this point.

I never used it really but the creators claimed that with practice it would only take a couple of seconds to tick the various boxes after each point, to allow you to get a good analysis of the patterns occurring in a match.