Blade Information

This user has no status.
I have 2 blades which have identical rubber on each (Geospin Tacky on 1 side and Tenergy 05 FX on the other). The blades were exactly the same price and both are Allround with Speed and Control stats shown as identical Speed=60, Control=80. The blades are Joola Rosskopf Allround and Tibhar Drinkall Allround Classic. The only differences I can find is that the Joola is 7 ply whereas the Tibhar is 5 ply and the Joola is slightly heavier at 90 gms against 85 gms. I love playing with the Joola but don't like the Tibhar at all. Does anybody know if the reason I like the Joola so much more is purely because it is 7 ply or could there be some other reason such as the materials used or the stiffness and hardness details of which I can't find. I'm trying to find a rationale so I know what to look for when I buy another blade as my Joola is getting a bit worse for wear after 2 years!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
* weight
* stiffness
* hardness
* different wood layers (ayous, spruce, limba, ...)
* how the blade is balanced
* grip
* glue used between the plies

those speed and control numbers. If they come from both manufacturors there are not to be compared. Only if they come from the same source(something like http://www.tabletennisdb.com/) they are comparable.

I think it's very hard to pinpoint the difference between those blades and if you like the Joola I advice you to hold on to it as long as possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Even if you have 2 of the same blade in the same weight. They're pretty likely to play differently in some way from one another. There's a reason pro's don't change their blades too often.

If you have 2 of the exact same blade in the exact same weight, are they cut from the same tree around the same part of that tree? Having a backup paddle is rough, you need to break it in as well as make sure it's as close as possible to your main setup that you can get it to.

Reactions: russell
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The most important things have been covered.

But, there is also this. Different kinds of contact get different results from the same kind of wood. And certain woods feel better with direct impact/drive contact, and other woods feel better with brush/spin contact.

So, I have a story. This was years ago before I looped. I would hit the ball flat. All my shots were drives. So it was when I first started trying to learn.

Someone asked me to try 2 blades. They both had a Hinoki outer play. The inner plies on one were Limba and Ayous. The other was 5 plies all Hinoki.

I tried both and felt that the blade with Limba and Ayous underneath felt better, faster and it felt like it had more control. Then a friend who was 2400 level tried them. She said that the one with Limba and Ayous was no good. It was too slow and the control was not good either. But she said the all Hinoki blade was much better: faster, more control and better feel. I was mystified.

When I started being able to loop better, I was no longer mystified. The all Hinoki blade was kind of slow and felt empty when you hit with it. But once you looped with it, it was amazing.

So something like trying to put a number to speed and control when they are complicated and not straight forward matters isn't really possible.

To make a decision on a blade you have to have it in your hand and feel it. And something that feels a certain way to you may feel completely different to someone else.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus