What is Jedi mind trick?

This user has no status.
There are different Jedi Mind Tricks. You can either use the Darth Vader choke force for a split second right before your opponent has to do his stroke. This will distract him in such a way that he will most likely miss the shot. Very exhausting for you though. Or before the match instead of the handshake you offer your opponent your activated lightsaber, barbecuing his hand. If you are lucky it is his stronger tt-hand, easy win then. If you really want to enter his mind (I would not recommend that) you could plant a yoda-like voice in your opponent's head saying "lose i must" again and again. Game over.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Watch this match and watch how Wang Hao breaks Ma Long's game apart and gets inside his head. Notice how many pushes Ma Long pops up giving Wang Hao easy kills. Notice how Ma Long starts to fall apart mentally and can't handle what is happening. Wang Hao definitely used Jedi Mind Tricks on Ma Long in this match and in their match in 2011 in the semifinals of the WTTC.

I remember a match where Ma Lin served up the short game and the Jedi Mind Tricks on Wang Hao. But man that was a long time ago. So Wang Hao learned from a Jedi Master. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I am 51 yrs old, stood in line to watch the original Star Wars movie, now called Episode IV: A New Hope. Although, it was the first instance of a Jedi Mind Trick by Obi-Wan Kenobi (Sir Alec Guiness) when he waved his hands in the air to say to the Stormtroopers, "These are not the droids you are looking for.", i believe the term JMT first mentioned in Episode I: Attack of the Clones when Qui-Gon (Liam Neeson) tried it on Watto and Watto said words to the effect of: Why are you waving your hand in the air. I'm of this race, your JMT don't work on me.

The usage in culture is based off of those 2 movies. It's as Shuki and UpSideDownCarl said ... you 'psyched out' your opponent.

Reactions: Suga D