What did FZD say to Dan ??

This user has no status.
Hi folks, I'm learning BH flick service return and I was able to get some to land safely on the other side of the table. However what I'm doing (probably wrong) is brushing the ball using the upper side of the blade away from my fingers. Here in this video however FZD is pointing to the side close to the handle while playing against Dan, it just doesn't seems logical to me , I wonder what was he trying to say and what actually Dan understood. it is at 03:23.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Since the Video is mainly about the equipment they're playing with, I imagine FZD meant something along the lines of "Look, it's super easy to BH flick with this blade/rubber combo. But I'm also arguably the best BH flicker in the world, so could be just me."

Check out the following video and see if that's any help - provided you understand the (somewhat cryptic) subtitles.

What helped me a lot was the analogy of performing the flick as if you were pulling a sword from your belt with great force, which is funny because I've never had a sword even close to me in my life.

Reactions: rokphish and dirtyD
This user has no status.
Since the Video is mainly about the equipment they're playing with, I imagine FZD meant something along the lines of "Look, it's super easy to BH flick with this blade/rubber combo. But I'm also arguably the best BH flicker in the world, so could be just me."

Check out the following video and see if that's any help - provided you understand the (somewhat cryptic) subtitles.

What helped me a lot was the analogy of performing the flick as if you were pulling a sword from your belt with great force, which is funny because I've never had a sword even close to me in my life.

thanks for sharing this , I watched it while ago and it helped me get started.

This user has no status.
Why would the flick be performed contacting lower instead of higher? I don't see the logic.

Perhaps because this is a review, FZD was commenting on the blade.

uhm sorry I didn't really understand that do you mean why when you flick you contact the ball near the tip of the bat?
If so, this is done to get a lot of rotation so it easily goes over the net.

Hope this helps?! :)

This user has no status.
Here what I'm talking about

fzd.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Why would the flick be performed contacting lower instead of higher? I don't see the logic.

Perhaps because this is a review, FZD was commenting on the blade.

its probably the sweetspot for BH. Higher you have extreme spin/speed but no control, besides he is not showing lower than the center of gravity but approximately at the same height.

Im guessing he is showing dan the most efficient contact point for an underspin/sideunderspin serve if i can see correctly, if u watch some of ZJK/FZD flicks they sometimes contact higher than the point FZD is showing knowing that they can kill the serve immediately. Different balls need different approach, but lets wait for Dan to explain :cool:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys!

This is a very good question. If I remember rightly I was doing some bh flicks and I thought 'hey lets ask FZD how to do it'. I think he wanted me to contact more around the side of the ball but its really hard to tell, I just acknowledged him, I should have really got him to demonstrate the famous flick to me slowly :)

From what I took at the time was that I felt he wanted me to soak the ball into the bat longer. Watching the video it clearly shows he points at the side of the bat. When he showed me for some reason I just gathered from him that I needed to spend more time on the ball so I can produce more spin. He seemed to acknowledge it to haha! To be honest i was very awestruck and was trying to mimic his backhand flick. I find it absolutely insane the backhand flick he does at 4.13... p.s I have no idea how i managed to block it back :)

I think many players have different variations of completing the backhand flick and you will come up with your own way that works for you. I think its best to practice the backhand flick against a number of short serves from different players. Work on timing the ball on the rise/top of the bounce. I have found personally to try and contact the ball at the top of my bat, I can generate more spin and speed then but it can be a little more higher risk.

I was pretty awestruck and this is what happened to my brain :)

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
Hey guys!

This is a very good question. If I remember rightly I was doing some bh flicks and I thought 'hey lets ask FZD how to do it'. I think he wanted me to contact more around the side of the ball but its really hard to tell, I just acknowledged him, I should have really got him to demonstrate the famous flick to me slowly :)

From what I took at the time was that I felt he wanted me to soak the ball into the bat longer. Watching the video it clearly shows he points at the side of the bat. When he showed me for some reason I just gathered from him that I needed to spend more time on the ball so I can produce more spin. He seemed to acknowledge it to haha! To be honest i was very awestruck and was trying to mimic his backhand flick. I find it absolutely insane the backhand flick he does at 4.13... p.s I have no idea how i managed to block it back :)

I think many players have different variations of completing the backhand flick and you will come up with your own way that works for you. I think its best to practice the backhand flick against a number of short serves from different players. Work on timing the ball on the rise/top of the bounce. I have found personally to try and contact the ball at the top of my bat, I can generate more spin and speed then but it can be a little more higher risk.

I was pretty awestruck and this is what happened to my brain :)

Fan zg speak english ??