Rio Paralympic Games 2016

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
--Official Topic For The Rio Paralympic Games--

Paralympic Games, 08 Sep 2016 - 17 Sep 2016, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The Olympic Games has come to an end in Rio, now the world are eager and ready for the fast approaching Paralympic Games which begin on the 8th September 2016! The prestigious Paralympic Games is every four years and a once in a lifetime experience for players and fans across the globe. World number 1 and reigning London 2012 Paralympic champion Patryk Chojnowski leads the seedings in class 10 men's singles. Qian Yang of China leads the women's singles class 10.

riopara2.jpg

Men's Class 10 SeedsWomen's Class 10 Seeds
01) Patryk Chojnowski01) Qian Yang
02) David Jacobs02) Natalia Partya
03) Mateo Boheas03) Bruna Costa
04) Manuel Jose04) Na Li Lei
05) Hao Lian05) Melissa Tapper
06) Yang Ge06) Lucic Mirjana
07) Stefanov Denislav Kodjabashev07) Omran Ertis
08) Krisztian Gardos08) Karmit Dor
09) Kim Daybell09) Merve Demir
10) Ivan Karabec10) Tian Shiau Wen

So now the Paralympics is upon us and with far more medals at stake! Players are separated into various classes based on the severity of their disability. From class 10, 9, 8, 7 etc. up to wheelchair class. More medals! More table tennis! More Rio 2016 action from the incredible Games in Rio! What more could you want?.... Now the Paralympians take to the stage!!!

To get the full list of qualified players from each event click here.

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions!

We can use this topic as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular Paralympic Games! What are your predictions from each event.

Reactions: Suga D and eyepop
--Official Topic For The Rio Paralympic Games--

Paralympic Games, 08 Sep 2016 - 17 Sep 2016, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The Olympic Games has come to an end in Rio, now the world are eager and ready for the fast approaching Paralympic Games which begin on the 8th September 2016! The prestigious Paralympic Games is every four years and a once in a lifetime experience for players and fans across the globe. World number 1 and reigning London 2012 Paralympic champion Patryk Chojnowski leads the seedings in class 10 men's singles. Qian Yang of China leads the women's singles class 10.

Men's Class 10 SeedsWomen's Class 10 Seeds
01) Patryk Chojnowski01) Qian Yang
02) David Jacobs02) Natalia Partya
03) Mateo Boheas03) Bruna Costa
04) Manuel Jose04) Na Li Lei
05) Hao Lian05) Melissa Tapper
06) Yang Ge06) Lucic Mirjana
07) Stefanov Denislav Kodjabashev07) Omran Ertis
08) Krisztian Gardos08) Karmit Dor
09) Kim Daybell09) Merve Demir
10) Ivan Karabec10) Tian Shiau Wen

So now the Paralympics is upon us and with far more medals at stake! Players are separated into various classes based on the severity of their disability. From class 10, 9, 8, 7 etc. up to wheelchair class. More medals! More table tennis! More Rio 2016 action from the incredible Games in Rio! What more could you want?.... Now the Paralympians take to the stage!!!

To get the full list of qualified players from each event click here.

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions!

We can use this topic as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular Paralympic Games! What are your predictions from each event.

I've been following Bruna Costa (#3 womens seed) social networks closer during the recent months and it's clear how much she's been training harder and harder, making a very good work!

For this Paralympics I bet she can win gold medal! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Hi TableTennisDaily i am currently at the Paralympics on the inspiration programme! I will not be competing but I feel this is a great experience and will lead me in good stead for future Paralympic Games!

I have been writing about my experience each day in blog posts. Hope you enjoy my posts.

Day 1

Here's Day 1 blog for my trip away to Rio De Janeiro for the Paralympic Games!

We began outside at 9:30 for a team briefing consisting of all the things we needed to know for the upcoming days! The second part of our briefing was all about media training, this was split into various challenges and exercises we had to do! these were very challenging,

After this we headed over to the British House (HQ) for all athletes and family! This was a great experience!
Finally we headed over to the opening ceremony, this was so overwhelming and the most amazing thing I have ever experienced! it just took your breath away! Here are a few images of the day!

billyshiltonrio1.jpg

billyshiltonrio2.jpg

billyshiltonrio3.jpg

Day 2

Day 2 of my blog in Rio!

Today was a really good day, firstly we went to the Paralympic living village which was amazing! So many people in one place was remarkable and very hard to take in, I also had the opportunity to meet up with some of my team mates which was good!

During my time in the village we went to the food hall! it was the biggest food area I have been too! literally everything you could think of was there! it blew me away!

After this we headed back over to the British house to get some down time! During this time I had an interview with the BBC, so have a look around the next couple of days for that! Tomorrow I'm heading to the table tennis hall to watch all of my teammates! I cannot wait to see them compete as I know how hard they've worked during this time!

billyshiltonrio4.jpg

billyshiltonrio5.jpg

billyshiltonrio6.jpg

Day 3

Day 3 of my blog in Rio!

Firstly my day consisted of meeting royalty! The earl of Wessex met up with us talking about our programme and it was really great to meet him!

After this I headed over to the table tennis to watch all my teammates and other competitors! It had a great atmosphere especially when the home nation Brazil were competing. It was great seeing all of my teammates and I look forward to seeing them again soon!

Finally I headed over to the weightlifting to see the 65- KG event, I couldn't believe the weight the guys were lifting. The guy who won managed to lift 220KG which was a new WR. Today was a great day and I'm looking forward to tomorrow where I will be again heading over to the table tennis hall to watch my friends and teammates!

billyshiltonrio10.jpg

billyshiltonrio11.jpg

billyshiltonrio12.jpg

Day 4

Final blog as my trip to Rio for the Paralympic inspiration programme has come to an end.

Would like to thank everyone who made this possible and this experience will be so valuable on my road to Tokyo 2020!

Firstly we headed over to the table tennis hall to watch the quarter-finals and semi-finals! The crowds were ridiculous, and two out of the four GB competitors on this day made it to the finals so wishing them luck in there finals and bronze place play off matches!

Finally we headed over to the athletics track to watch some of the finals! The stadium is packed with a fear crowd.
That's all from me, I hope you have enjoyed the blogs about my time in Rio.
Thanks guys????

billyshiltonrio15.jpg

billyshiltonrio16.jpg

billyshiltonrio17.jpg

Hi TableTennisDaily i am currently at the Paralympics on the inspiration programme! I will not be competing but I feel this is a great experience and will lead me in good stead for future Paralympic Games!

I have been writing about my experience each day in blog posts. Hope you enjoy my posts.

Day 1

Here's Day 1 blog for my trip away to Rio De Janeiro for the Paralympic Games!

We began outside at 9:30 for a team briefing consisting of all the things we needed to know for the upcoming days! The second part of our briefing was all about media training, this was split into various challenges and exercises we had to do! these were very challenging,

After this we headed over to the British House (HQ) for all athletes and family! This was a great experience!
Finally we headed over to the opening ceremony, this was so overwhelming and the most amazing thing I have ever experienced! it just took your breath away! Here are a few images of the day!

billyshiltonrio1.jpg

billyshiltonrio2.jpg

billyshiltonrio3.jpg

Day 2

Day 2 of my blog in Rio!

Today was a really good day, firstly we went to the Paralympic living village which was amazing! So many people in one place was remarkable and very hard to take in, I also had the opportunity to meet up with some of my team mates which was good!

During my time in the village we went to the food hall! it was the biggest food area I have been too! literally everything you could think of was there! it blew me away!

After this we headed back over to the British house to get some down time! During this time I had an interview with the BBC, so have a look around the next couple of days for that! Tomorrow I'm heading to the table tennis hall to watch all of my teammates! I cannot wait to see them compete as I know how hard they've worked during this time!

billyshiltonrio4.jpg

billyshiltonrio5.jpg

billyshiltonrio6.jpg

Day 3

Day 3 of my blog in Rio!

Firstly my day consisted of meeting royalty! The earl of Wessex met up with us talking about our programme and it was really great to meet him!

After this I headed over to the table tennis to watch all my teammates and other competitors! It had a great atmosphere especially when the home nation Brazil were competing. It was great seeing all of my teammates and I look forward to seeing them again soon!

Finally I headed over to the weightlifting to see the 65- KG event, I couldn't believe the weight the guys were lifting. The guy who won managed to lift 220KG which was a new WR. Today was a great day and I'm looking forward to tomorrow where I will be again heading over to the table tennis hall to watch my friends and teammates!

billyshiltonrio10.jpg

billyshiltonrio11.jpg

billyshiltonrio12.jpg

Day 4

Final blog as my trip to Rio for the Paralympic inspiration programme has come to an end.

Would like to thank everyone who made this possible and this experience will be so valuable on my road to Tokyo 2020!

Firstly we headed over to the table tennis hall to watch the quarter-finals and semi-finals! The crowds were ridiculous, and two out of the four GB competitors on this day made it to the finals so wishing them luck in there finals and bronze place play off matches!

Finally we headed over to the athletics track to watch some of the finals! The stadium is packed with a fear crowd.
That's all from me, I hope you have enjoyed the blogs about my time in Rio.
Thanks guys????

billyshiltonrio15.jpg

billyshiltonrio16.jpg

billyshiltonrio17.jpg

Really happy, as a Brazilian, that you enjoyed your time here and felt so good and welcome!

Always feel free to come back again!!! =D

Reactions: TableTennisDaily