Adhesive vs non-adhesive protection film

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I used to use adhesive ones, until I am too lazy. When I use adhesive ones, I also have a pair of non-adhesive ones that I change them over to before I head to the venue, because who has time to peel adhesive ones slowly off and then put them back onto their non-adhesive cover nicely ;) I did tried sticking them back to back at the very beginning, but I hated that, because I cut them into bat shape, and unless I take a good amount of concentration, I will always not have them perfectly in line, and then bits of the sticky sheet will be picking up all the dusts.
So when I was using adhesive ones, I use them at home, and use non-adhesive ones for transport to venue.

But now, I am just too lazy, so I just use the non-adhesive ones all the time.

When I used the adhesive cover with the commercial H3 neo, it was like super tacky, able to hold balls upside down. But now I used non-adhesive cover with the province H3 neo, it is nowhere as tacky at all. The difference may be due to the rubbers itself though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Google : binder plastic sleeves
Choose image option
These actually aren't the same. The ones you mention allow you to slide in paper sheets or something. The ones Carl's using can't be used to slide in sheets and are also much thicker.

Good work. Thank you. I was too lazy to search. hahaha.

I don't know if they are called anything.
You're welcome, I could remember exactly where to find it :).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
The adhesive xiom foil actually has 2 pieces in the package, both with different designs. One being large as you see there, and the other having hundreds of mini peni all over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I like the adhesive ones but IMO they're a bit of a rip off. ex: two butterfly sheets are $3.99. That and I find they get dirty quickly.

Furthermore, when I order from China-friend on ebay, hey always throws in a non-adhesive rubber protector sheet so I just use those.

Now back to the topic. I've been recently looking to add tack back to some old, worn out sticky rubbers (yes I know that's illegal. don't care) and I've tried something that did not add any more tack but certainly I felt did a good job of keeping the rubber clean or by pulling of anything that might be on there.

Shelf adhesive paper. Or one could get some laminate adhesive sheets and just cut it in a circle around your blade. Will give you pretty much the exact same thing as the butterfly ones I mentioned earlier but you'll get a lot more for the money. It does not leave any residue on the rubber. :( :p

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like the adhesive ones but IMO they're a bit of a rip off. ex: two butterfly sheets are $3.99. That and I find they get dirty quickly.

Mine were the right price. Minimum 500 for free. [emoji2] I have given so many away. And they seem to magnetize to the rubbers. I guess it is static electricity.

As far as reviving an H3 topsheet: if you put baby oil on the topsheet, put a plastic sheet over the topsheet and let the rubber sit for a few months, when you finally take the plastic sheet off it should be really sticky again. If you did that and left it for a week or a few days, it would help some. But not as much as if you leave it for a long time.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
31f805ffb90cf9b0f6ed21215e8b480f.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
31f805ffb90cf9b0f6ed21215e8b480f.jpg

Pretty soon they are going to be using these for the "Pride" parade. The graphics with the rainbow coloring is really like it is simply a symbol for that movement.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Ok .... I just get ten more of the adhesives.
They are just perfect for tacky rubbers.
But the biggest problem is when you put them inverted on the rubber or just drop the racket on the sheet in your bag.
I wish they maKe them without outside printing.

says beginner (rating 700)
says beginner (rating 700)
May 2019
So I just got a new racket and it came with a sticky protector on each side. How are you supposed to store the protectors when you take them off?

I put one protector on top of the other one, so that the sticky side of one was touching the non-sticky side of the other. I figured I wouldn't want both sticky sides to touch each other otherwise I might not be able to pull them apart, or they'd pull off each other's adhesive.

But later when I separated the protectors, the sticky side of one pulled off all the logo paint from the other! So the sticky side of one now has paint all over it.

Reactions: jammmail

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I use the Butterfly aftermarket ones. I just make sure I keep the sheets of waxed paper they originally came on - not something you can do if the vendor of the new racket didn't send them, of course. However if you happen to have a printer and use glossy photo paper, a couple of sheets of that would probably do the job.

So I just got a new racket and it came with a sticky protector on each side. How are you supposed to store the protectors when you take them off?

I put one protector on top of the other one, so that the sticky side of one was touching the non-sticky side of the other. I figured I wouldn't want both sticky sides to touch each other otherwise I might not be able to pull them apart, or they'd pull off each other's adhesive.

But later when I separated the protectors, the sticky side of one pulled off all the logo paint from the other! So the sticky side of one now has paint all over it.

I think the trick is to keep a piece of non-sticky plastic (or just a single sheet of non-adhesive protector) in your bat case, when you are using the bat, stick the adhesive covers to each side of the spare.

Reactions: hrbngr