Violoniste18 and Kirua18 (France)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
This video is very nice, love the music! What made you decide to go to use cpen with short pips after playing 20 years with shakehand? You play very well with the short pips and I like your forehand attack! Your son has some great shots! Awesome!

Reactions: violoniste18
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
Thanks, Dan and chuck.

My son is effectively much stronger than me, he's my favorite partner for a video, he put balls with accuracy.

Playing Cpen was as a child dream. I started table tennis when I was 20. I would have liked to learn penhold style, but youtube didn't exist ...

I stopped about 15 years, then my son would like to play table tennis and I ran again with him.

about 3 years ago, I decided to switch to penhold (violonists are very stubborn ...). It was very difficult on the backhand side and I give up 18 month later, according to my very bad backhand.

And 2 month ago, I decided to try again, and with a big work on the backhand side. During holidays, I worked backhand some hours every day, with backside 1 side Cpen. Backhand improved every day And it was a great motivation for me to manage my aim.

And a week ago, i decided to try short pips, like our chinese coach (he plays cpen short pips 1 side).

since then, I am as "in love" with this style, it seems natural to me, as I played it for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
of course I know St chartier ! I played a lot during night sessions for years.

This festival moved elsewhere and now it's not so nice.

I have to improve my regularity, first three balls seem good but after I do too errors

I watch a lot of videos cpen players 1 side : he zhi wen of course, yoshida, liu guo liang, Kim Taek Soo, Jiang Jialang, Kim Taek Soo, Chiang Peng Lung, etc ... Jpen too for traditionnal backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
of course I know St chartier ! I played a lot during night sessions for years.

This festival moved elsewhere and now it's not so nice.

I have to improve my regularity, first three balls seem good but after I do too errors

I watch a lot of videos cpen players 1 side : he zhi wen of course, yoshida, liu guo liang, Kim Taek Soo, Jiang Jialang, Kim Taek Soo, Chiang Peng Lung, etc ... Jpen too for traditionnal backhand

That is just great :D I have memories of staying awake and listening to them jamming the whole night :)

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder