Back to Forum
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #1

    Has anyone tried out the Tibhar Nimbus Delta S and Delta V rubbers?

    Hey guys

    Has anyone tried out the Tibhar Nimbus Delta S and Delta V rubbers? What are differences to the normal Nimbus rubbers?

    Thanks

  2. Ahmad Arnous is offline
    says play to feel satisfied with your game, not to feel tired
     
    Advanced TTD Member 41 233
    Ahmad Arnous's Avatar
    Ahmad Arnous is offline
    says play to feel satisfied with your game, not to feel tired
     
    Advanced TTD Member 233 41
    #2
    I don't try nimbus but there are rubbers better than nimbus

  3. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Arnous
    I don't try nimbus but there are rubbers better than nimbus
    Yes but these are currently in the 4 for 3 special.
    Last edited by ronz91; 09-05-2016 at 05:34 AM.

  4. ajtatosmano2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,002 1,302
    A
    ajtatosmano2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,302 1,002
    #4
    I suppose you know the normal Nimbus. I've heard that Delta V is a little bit faster, feels a little bit harder and overall better. But it's still a learning rubber: soft, medium speed, good control, not so good spin. It would be a development after Focus 3 Snipe, but I would choose the Rakza instead of that. You need 4 rubber or you just wanted to spare some money? Of course you want to spare but you really need 4? I think you should ask TT11 when will they replace 3=4 rubbers and choose something better. Never go for Nimbus Delta, for that price Rakza is much better.

  5. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 919 1,316
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,316 919

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtatosmano2
    I've heard that Delta V is a little bit faster, feels a little bit harder and overall better. ... Never go for Nimbus Delta, for that price Rakza is much better.
    Find the mistake? From hearsay to recommendation.

    I do not know Rakza (which of all these do you mean btw?) so you might be right, but it´s a bit speculative.

    What you have heard about Delta V isn´t wrong, although I wouldn´t say it feels harder than the "old" version. It adds a little more spin while - and I think this is its selling point - it is even better for blocking. It remains a rubber for the straight game, where you might open up (spin potential good enough) to enter a fast game of counter and block. For a topspin game Tibhar produces much better rubbers.

    Delta S can´t add so much, if V is an update of Nimbus, then S feels like an update of Nimbus Soft. However it is harder than Nimbus Soft and fits somewhere in between existing Nimbus rubbers.

    My verdict: If you play a counter/block game (maybe on backhand) it will be difficult to find a much better rubber than Delta V. If spin is your thing, look elsewhere.

  6. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    Find the mistake? From hearsay to recommendation.

    I do not know Rakza (which of all these do you mean btw?) so you might be right, but it´s a bit speculative.

    What you have heard about Delta V isn´t wrong, although I wouldn´t say it feels harder than the "old" version. It adds a little more spin while - and I think this is its selling point - it is even better for blocking. It remains a rubber for the straight game, where you might open up (spin potential good enough) to enter a fast game of counter and block. For a topspin game Tibhar produces much better rubbers.

    Delta S can´t add so much, if V is an update of Nimbus, then S feels like an update of Nimbus Soft. However it is harder than Nimbus Soft and fits somewhere in between existing Nimbus rubbers.

    My verdict: If you play a counter/block game (maybe on backhand) it will be difficult to find a much better rubber than Delta V. If spin is your thing, look elsewhere.
    I definitely try to play a more aggressive game, I like the slow heavy topspin to wrong foot the opponent and am working on my mid-distance game. Have you played with Tibhar 1Q rubbers?

  7. ajtatosmano2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,002 1,302
    A
    ajtatosmano2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,302 1,002
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    Find the mistake? From hearsay to recommendation.

    I do not know Rakza (which of all these do you mean btw?) so you might be right, but it´s a bit speculative.

    What you have heard about Delta V isn´t wrong, although I wouldn´t say it feels harder than the "old" version. It adds a little more spin while - and I think this is its selling point - it is even better for blocking. It remains a rubber for the straight game, where you might open up (spin potential good enough) to enter a fast game of counter and block. For a topspin game Tibhar produces much better rubbers.

    Delta S can´t add so much, if V is an update of Nimbus, then S feels like an update of Nimbus Soft. However it is harder than Nimbus Soft and fits somewhere in between existing Nimbus rubbers.

    My verdict: If you play a counter/block game (maybe on backhand) it will be difficult to find a much better rubber than Delta V. If spin is your thing, look elsewhere.
    You are right in general, what made me to not recommend Delta V is the price. Too high for a 'good blocking rubber which can be used to attack, but not so good.' For that price you can buy very good rubbers, not just average good ones. And yes, I hit with Nimbus around 2-4 shots, but that and my friend's complaints about the new version (he played both) were enough. And I said Rakza, because it was the other type of rubbers in the 4for3 action.

    ronz91: I definitely try to play a more aggressive game, I like the slow heavy topspin to wrong foot the opponent and am working on my mid-distance game. Have you played with Tibhar 1Q?
    Then Nimbus isn't your cup of tee. I didn't tried 1Q, maybe others can help.
    But rule No.1 is that if you need help, post a video about your play or at least describe your style and level in details.
    Without these we can't give you proper recommendation.

  8. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 919 1,316
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,316 919

    User Info Menu

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtatosmano2
    I didn't tried 1Q, maybe others can help.
    It´s discontinued, at least in Germany where it´s made. Don´t think stocks will last long ...

  9. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    It´s discontinued, at least in Germany where it´s made. Don´t think stocks will last long ...
    What replaced it? Or are they updating it?
    Last edited by ronz91; 09-05-2016 at 09:31 PM.

  10. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 919 1,316
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,316 919

    User Info Menu

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ronz91
    What replaced it? Or are they updating it?
    I think it just dropped. 5Q in its variations is obviously more successful.

  11. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    I think it just dropped. 5Q in its variations is obviously more successful.
    Ah I see, I have played with 5Q as well, its a good rubber. Are they considered new rubbers though, as I see they don't have any kind of Tensor tech in them.

  12. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 919 1,316
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,316 919

    User Info Menu

    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ronz91
    Are they considered new rubbers though, as I see they don't have any kind of Tensor tech in them.
    But of course they have.

  13. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    But of course they have.
    They have tensor tech?

  14. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 919 1,316
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,316 919

    User Info Menu

    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ronz91
    They have tensor tech?
    Yes. You would have a hard time finding German made rubbers without these days ...

  15. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    Yes. You would have a hard time finding German made rubbers without these days ...
    Okay strange. tabletennisdb must mean something else as they list all 5Q variations as non-tensor.

    http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/...5q-update.html

  16. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 919 1,316
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,316 919

    User Info Menu

    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ronz91
    Okay strange. tabletennisdb must mean something else as they list all 5Q variations as non-tensor.

    http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/...5q-update.html
    I just checked a few rubbers there and the database is wrong in many cases.

    The best example is Joola Express x-plode, where you can even see the Tensor logo on the cover, and they say it´s not.

  17. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    I just checked a few rubbers there and the database is wrong in many cases.

    The best example is Joola Express x-plode, where you can even see the Tensor logo on the cover, and they say it´s not.
    Ah thanks for clearing that up

  18. scoops is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 43 124
    scoops's Avatar
    scoops is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 124 43
    #18
    I tried them both on a timo boll spirit, they were both very mushy if I remember right, I only used them for one evening then sold on ebay. They are good for blocking but not much else, only set (out of lots and lots) that I have only used once and got rid
    Oh my god, living the dream.....................who is!

  19. ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 90 300
    R
    ronz91 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 300 90
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by scoops
    I tried them both on a timo boll spirit, they were both very mushy if I remember right, I only used them for one evening then sold on ebay. They are good for blocking but not much else, only set (out of lots and lots) that I have only used once and got rid
    Have you used Yasaka Rakza?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.