Has anyone tried out the Tibhar Nimbus Delta S and Delta V rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I suppose you know the normal Nimbus. I've heard that Delta V is a little bit faster, feels a little bit harder and overall better. But it's still a learning rubber: soft, medium speed, good control, not so good spin. It would be a development after Focus 3 Snipe, but I would choose the Rakza instead of that. You need 4 rubber or you just wanted to spare some money? Of course you want to spare but you really need 4? I think you should ask TT11 when will they replace 3=4 rubbers and choose something better. Never go for Nimbus Delta, for that price Rakza is much better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I've heard that Delta V is a little bit faster, feels a little bit harder and overall better. ... Never go for Nimbus Delta, for that price Rakza is much better.

Find the mistake? From hearsay to recommendation.

I do not know Rakza (which of all these do you mean btw?) so you might be right, but it´s a bit speculative.

What you have heard about Delta V isn´t wrong, although I wouldn´t say it feels harder than the "old" version. It adds a little more spin while - and I think this is its selling point - it is even better for blocking. It remains a rubber for the straight game, where you might open up (spin potential good enough) to enter a fast game of counter and block. For a topspin game Tibhar produces much better rubbers.

Delta S can´t add so much, if V is an update of Nimbus, then S feels like an update of Nimbus Soft. However it is harder than Nimbus Soft and fits somewhere in between existing Nimbus rubbers.

My verdict: If you play a counter/block game (maybe on backhand) it will be difficult to find a much better rubber than Delta V. If spin is your thing, look elsewhere.

This user has no status.

I do not know Rakza (which of all these do you mean btw?) so you might be right, but it´s a bit speculative.

What you have heard about Delta V isn´t wrong, although I wouldn´t say it feels harder than the "old" version. It adds a little more spin while - and I think this is its selling point - it is even better for blocking. It remains a rubber for the straight game, where you might open up (spin potential good enough) to enter a fast game of counter and block. For a topspin game Tibhar produces much better rubbers.

Delta S can´t add so much, if V is an update of Nimbus, then S feels like an update of Nimbus Soft. However it is harder than Nimbus Soft and fits somewhere in between existing Nimbus rubbers.

My verdict: If you play a counter/block game (maybe on backhand) it will be difficult to find a much better rubber than Delta V. If spin is your thing, look elsewhere.

I definitely try to play a more aggressive game, I like the slow heavy topspin to wrong foot the opponent and am working on my mid-distance game. Have you played with Tibhar 1Q rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

You are right in general, what made me to not recommend Delta V is the price. Too high for a 'good blocking rubber which can be used to attack, but not so good.' For that price you can buy very good rubbers, not just average good ones. And yes, I hit with Nimbus around 2-4 shots, but that and my friend's complaints about the new version (he played both) were enough. And I said Rakza, because it was the other type of rubbers in the 4for3 action.

ronz91: I definitely try to play a more aggressive game, I like the slow heavy topspin to wrong foot the opponent and am working on my mid-distance game. Have you played with Tibhar 1Q?

Then Nimbus isn't your cup of tee. I didn't tried 1Q, maybe others can help.
But rule No.1 is that if you need help, post a video about your play or at least describe your style and level in details.
Without these we can't give you proper recommendation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
I tried them both on a timo boll spirit, they were both very mushy if I remember right, I only used them for one evening then sold on ebay. They are good for blocking but not much else, only set (out of lots and lots) that I have only used once and got rid

Have you used Yasaka Rakza?