blade weight

This user has no status.
Hi All,

So I have tried lots of blades and have found some to be really nice but there is a massive problem for me and that is the weight.
Not overall weight but add tensor or tenergy and they become head heavy, massively in some cases.

I am after any ideas to balance them more to my hand. So example, add extra weight to the handle somehow, drill a hole in it stick some lead in.

Any ideas welcome, cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
No worries.. But!
Maby start off with a less expencive blade.. Id hate for you to hack them up only to find them non hollow.

not to hard to glue back on hey, I have 2 drinkhalls so try on one of those first. I'll post the results, only if it goes well of course :rolleyes:

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I will bet my last pizza for lunch at work at least the handle has a hollow area in it.

If you try to slide a thin putty knife under the handle super slow and patient, you MIGHT get the handle off without ripping anything, but if you use a HEAT GUN (they cost 20 USD on Amazon) and take a few minutes to wave it back and forth real close to handle a couple minutes, your putty knife will slide under it with easy for a clean removal.

It is important to fill in the empty space completely. using wood glue will have hte water portion of it evaporate and leave some air and possible wiggle. I use hide glue and re-enforce the glue with toothpicks, paper clips, nails, or whatever filler material I can find around my house.

You put handle back on and use grip tape, you COULD play same day if needed.

You WILL notice so many more positive things about your blade when you are done and use it in a match. Much easier to whip it good.

This user has no status.
Imo it is due to the blade head size : i have noticed that butterfly blades are "smaller" than other like stiga, you can compare the rubber when cut and you can see that the rubbers on stiga blade are more oval on the large side and the rubbers on bty blade are smaller and more circle. I dont know if you see what I mean x)
You can also take off the strip on the edge side.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Caulking would be a great alternative to hide glue for a filler, never thought of that.

An advantage would be that it is easy to put in hte caulking, then a little piece of paper to cover the caulking while you flip it upside-down onto the blade throat to glue it back on.

That way there is no mess and you don't have to work so accurate/quick before the beans spill out.