Defensive inverted rubbers

says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
I'm transitioning away from LP's on my BH. I want to become a bit more attacking with controlled and spinny loops but would still like to be able to chop. Does anyone have any experience with Donic Slice 40 CD or the Tibhar Super Defence 40 as these are both rubbers I'm considering in the 1.2-1.3mm sponge thickness? Or maybe you have another suggestion, of course.

I second reflectoid for the BH. It takes the pace off chop similar to an LP and has a lot of control for an inverted rubber. My biggest problem going from LP to inverted rubbers was the sudden increase in speed on the BH...reflectoid takes care of that, so that the speed of chopping feels more balanced between both wings.

People complain about the bottoming out in 1.5, and it does indeed bottom out, but the block is solid, consistent, and predictable. Chops like a dream.

There is a 23-2400 level modern defender that plays reflectoid in my area named Larry abass. He chops other 2300-2400 level loopers balls just fine. (YouTube his name) . you'll also notice he has a STRONG BH attack, and a solid block....all with the 'Toid.

I love having the option to attack on my BH because its far better than my FH.

Because of the absorbing sponge....drop shots are awesome.

Due to the change in pace, there is some deception.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Donic Slice was quite popular over here a few years back, so you'll probably be quite OK with that.

My own favorite chopping rubbers are Dr Neubauer Domination in 1.5mm and 1.7mm (the 1.7 still chops very well, with a little more zip in the attack). Haven't tried them in 1.2mm though.

My favorite 1.2mm rubber was the old Tango Defensive, but that went out of production a while ago.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Spinlord Marder is a good one to consider, if you want something very slow on the backhand. If not, butterfly drive or tackiness chop 1 or 2 is nice. Juic 999 Elite defense is also one to consider. Reflectoid, and the TSP chop rubbers work well for chopping but their offense is limited. Super Defense... I think it's overpriced to be honest. Better off getting reflectoid as the difference is minimal at best and unnoticeable at worst.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Hi Stuart, do you mind sharing where you bought the reflectoid rubber and its price? I also plan to order a sheet of reflectoid to replace my bh rubber. Thanks.
I've ordered a sheet of reflectoid (1.5mm) so I'll see how I get on with that. If I don't like it I'll probably try the Slice 40 CD

Hi Stuart, do you mind sharing where you bought the reflectoid rubber and its price? I also plan to order a sheet of reflectoid to replace my bh rubber. Thanks.

Penholdblocker, you are in the US correct? Everyone sells Reflectoid for 14 bucks. The cheapest shipping however is from Zeropong, who is the Gambler distributer in the US. $1/ sheet shipping.

I would disagree with that. IMO- Thinner rubbers typically offer more control for chopping, given that the other variables are the same (pip strucure, length, spin senstivity,elasticity, etc)

I actually prefer chopping with grippy tensors that are 2.0. The "give" on the topsheet helps (which I think you might be speaking about), but the thickness allows the ball to grip too firmly into the sponge making it hard to control balls with sidespin...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Nuke, thanks! Yes I am in the US and I also plan to use Zeropong for the Reflectoids. Hopefully they will have a sale soon!

Penholdblocker, you are in the US correct? Everyone sells Reflectoid for 14 bucks. The cheapest shipping however is from Zeropong, who is the Gambler distributer in the US. $1/ sheet shipping.