Swapping wands

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As mighty as Mjölnir (Mjölner) was, Odins spear "Gungnir" (Gungner) never missed its mark..

Just saying... ;)

Now There is something good to know. You may just have found the name for that beast of a blade you call your main weapon. [emoji2]

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
What has happened??
I've just been afk a couple of hours?

[Emoji12]

BTW: some blades do play like weapons of mass destruction and some do play like instruments of finer arts.

This was on point, Buddy!
*Dingdingdingding*
JACKPOT

Couldn't agree more. My old Waldner Dotec rather feels like a battle axe compared to my NSO.

I do want my banda to be an arts instrument... But at 100grams its more of an Abrams.. [emoji849]

Hahaha.
[Emoji3]

Mjölnir (Thor's Hammer): one day I will get another blade that plays like that. That was the name of the Clipper with the anatomic handle that I had that weight about 98 grams. Hahaha.

What a destroyer...
Sounds like a Rambo Tool.

And for table tennis the spear that never misses its mark might be more useful then the hammer that smashes all obstacles into dust.

Another post that is spot on.
Where's my Super-Like Button???

Wise decision, young padawan.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
My Allround Evo at 120+ grams must be a battle ax... :D

As I already wrote in a different thread:

One day I really wanna try out something like that.
I guess my arm will be sore for weeks after that, but I'm quite sure, that it's gunna be worth it.
[Emoji12]

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As I already wrote in a different thread:

One day I really wanna try out something like that.
I guess my arm will be sore for weeks after that, but I'm quite sure, that it's gunna be worth it.
[Emoji12]

Suga D, I disagree. You hit with any of my weighted Beast Mods on blades you already use, I assure you that you will know the blade plays LIGHTER, even if it is 20+ grams heavier. If you rely on wrist snap or any use of the wrist, even on flips, you will appreciate the new performance. Even blocks are better, blade is more stabil.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What Der_Echte actually says is true. I hit with that 120 Gram Allround Evolution. It feels like an 87 gram blade at most because the 35 extra grams Der added are in the handle and therefore counterbalancing the weight of the head while the handle is in your hand. It is kind of bizarre when you first try it if you know it is 120 grams. If you try it and are not told the weight you will swear it is nowhere near that weight.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Mjölnir (Thor's Hammer): one day I will get another blade that plays like that. That was the name of the Clipper with the anatomic handle that I had that weight about 98 grams. Hahaha.

Could you imagine if I still had Mjölnir and Der succeeding in doing his Beast Mod to her? 35 grams added to the handle of a 98 gram beast of a blade, hahahaha. I can imagine it now. It really did feel like using a dwarven hammer. But I bet it would have played great with some extra weight added to the handle. :)

I think it would kind of be like this:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
So. Today was the first day Ive played TT for over 2 weeks. Been trying to get back from a strained lung, a result from a long cold. :(

Todays lineup and initial thaugts:
The Deathstick (clipper wood sent by USDCarl) - xiom rubbers
A dhs PG7 - H3 neo and Rakza 7
Gungnir (my new backup Banda JO Waldner I got of an auctionsite for 1 SEK. Thats 0.117 USD) - Rakza 7 on both sides.

1. The PG7 is ok with these rubbers. Nice control. Good spin. Enough speed for ok play.

2. The deatstick. What a rocket! Litteraly! Quite light and those xiom rubbers were real bouncy! My trainingbuddy really liked the black one. Think thats the omega? Ill have to check later. Nice blade. Could do most shots with it. But, a bit to unpredictable for me to handle at first. :)

3. Gungnir. A little lighter than my main Banda, but still the same performance. Tad less speed, a tiny bit more control.

Lost the PG7 set.
Won both Gungnir sets.. Still having trouble breathing when not in a straight upright position due to my lung.
It just feels so darn good I can't believe it..

I truly hope you find the banda I sent to be somewhat similar too Carl, even if it is a tiny bit lighter..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Awesome stuff. I can't wait to put rubbers in the Banda and put it through its paces. As soon as I get my hands on it, I will post the photos of the opening ceremony.

The rubbers on the Death Stick are:

Xiom Omega IV Pro Black FH
Xiom Omega IV Europe Red BH

That is the dilly.

Glad you are liking the Death Stick. It has some seriously sinister potential.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yeah, im liking it!
For me, a bit hard to tame at first. Balls flying off the table and the setup is quite lite and springy. :)
Real nice feel to the blade.

My training buddy who plays old stigas (stellan and tickan blades) really liked the setup as is. Felt natural to him.

The difference in weight and performance is quite a stretch though to the Banda. Im not saying its faster, the deatstick was plenty fast when the shots landed on the table, no the difference to me is like driving a light car and a heavier, stiff shocked car throu regular traffic. Its all down to how you feel the thing on the road and what your used to.

:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I usually call a TT bat a WMD... Weapon of Mass Destruction.
WMD LOL;)
Having a wondrous KJH like Der_Echte, I'm tempted to call it "Mother_of_All_Spins" and my Adidas Challenge Speed, frankly having a hard time deciding between "Sinister Intent" and "Concentrated Evil"

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I truly hope you find the banda I sent to be somewhat similar too Carl, even if it is a tiny bit lighter..

Something was waiting for me when I got home tonight!!!

110e440995ab43b1c37c823aeba9bc90.jpg

I wonder what it could be? And why the stamps all say Sverige:

13085894e436cba7ca757e8368383d86.jpg

With numbers like 40 kr??? Hmmmm.

I will have to open it soon to find out what mystery lies inside. [emoji2]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Might want to smudge your postal address there. There are dark clouds gathering in cyber realms and I hear Saruman is building a cyber army of filthy pests he calls black hats!

Its a good point. Don't want people to discover one of the entrances to the secret hideout.

But if Saruman or Voldemort or Sauran try to come after me, I feel like, if I have that Banda JO Waldner as my weapon, they won't have much chance.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh, by the way, the head size is 150x157mm. So, that is a very standard head size. Not small or large. Same head size as Stiga Clipper, Allround Classic, Allround Evolution, Offensive Classic, TB Spirit, ALC,ZLC, ZJK ALC..... I could list countless more blades.

Can't wait to try this baby out.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder