I need a downgrade

This user has no status.
So i realised lately that my forehand technique was suffering because my blade (Stiga Pro Classic Off) and the Donic Bluefire JP M2 2.0 are not harmonizing well with each other i guess. I have now the feeling that the racket is somehow dead. Like it has a too short dwell time but for that it's not fast enough and it's also not giving a really good feeling, the spin is ok but also not great. Maybe because the blade is from 5 generations earlier i dont know. Maybe the Bluefire is also too fast no idea. So I would like to take a step back and go with a well balanced Allround-Blade and a spinny a bit slower rubber. I'm looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks mates!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sounds like you may be looking for one of these rubbers:

Donic Baracuda
Tibhar Evolution EL-S or
Tibhar Evolution FX-S

As far as blades, sooo many good 5 ply All, All+ and Off- blades (in no particular order):

Stiga Allround Classic
Stiga Allround Evolution
Stiga Offensive Classic
Yasaka Sweden Extra
Nexy Peter Pan
Nexy Lissom
Nexy Spear
Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
Butterfly Primorac Off-
Butterfly Petr Korbel

Or if you wanted the more expensive ones:

Nittaku Acoustic
Nittaku Violin
OSP Virtuoso Off-
OSP Virtuoso Plus

Have fun researching. It is always fun to get new gear.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It would be great to pimp Nexy in Europe, but you work with what you can localy there for a decent price.

Tryout Stiga Allround Evolution with some grip tape, get a new sheet of MX-P for the FH, and recycle the BH rubber.

That setup is a sure-fire set deal to land your shots with spin and enough pace and wont break the bank all the way open.

Plus, you could do V2.0 of the Beast Mod and out-do me :D

@ttrogue you are changing two variables at once. Rubbers and blade.

Why not change 1 variable?

And what exactly is the problem? Returns going over the table edge?

Would be easier to try a Def rubber (try 1 as that would be cheaper ).

Let us know what you find out.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FYI: TTRogue is a coach. He may be wanting to downgrade for more spin, control and flexibility in his offense. But he is not like someone playing for a short time where changing the whole setup is a problem. He will most likely be fine with changing both blade and rubber.

This user has no status.
The thing is that I dont want to change gear to improve something in my game, I dont know how to explain that well. My actual gear has this one problem what is really disturbing.The combination blade+Bluefire is working really well during the first week. But lets say after 10-15 hours playing. The bluefire loses a lot of his grip. What means it stays fast but you cannot keep the ball long enough anymore at the racket to generate rotation. The blade was always more like a suboptimal solution for me because I really really dont like to change gear. The thing is because the bluefire loses the grip-quality what makes the rubber an option in the first place causes after one week that the topspins are overshooting because of the lack or rotation in it. To compensate that i startet automaticly to close my racket more. What ****s up everything. The more you close the racket the harder it is to variate , to compensate for bad positioning and so on. Because I'm not too picky with rubbers and blade it might be possible for me to change 2 variables at the same time, also if i would anytime say to every other player dont do that :D. I just really dont like to change my geat for that I want it done as fast as possible. So im hoping for a hole in one combination change. I was reading now a bit and my thoughts are goind in the direction of Stiga Allround Evolution + FX-S what do you guys think? Can these components cooperate well? For my backhand slower is basicly always better because i can control the pips totaly just by muscle force so i think a change cant be a disadvantage to me there

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Why does the bluefire loose grip?
How do you store your blade?

Lets say you do 2hours practice in one night?
You take a moist regular kitchensponge and whipe off the dust from the rubbers. When dry, store the head part of the blade in a freezer-bag. Then in some sort of case.
This should keep any rubber good for months if not more!

f892903e8aee0a91508b2d6c58928aee.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtyD
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
after 10-15 hours playing. The bluefire loses a lot of his grip.

Do you sandblast it? I have never heard Bluefire deteroriate so quickly. I´ve used rubbers handed down from other players after several weeks and couldn´t complain ...

But an FX-S is a good choice. It has less catapult and more grip than M2, and for all I know it´s quite durable. But then I thought so about Bluefire ;)

I hear where u come from TT_Rogue I used to use Bluefire M1 turbo but switched from that simply because of the durability I was storing the rubber fine, keeping it clean and after 8-10 weeks the rubber lost a considerable amount of grip.

The tibhar evolution FXS is a good rubber I have it on a spare Timo Boll Spirit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have heard this from several higher level players. That very quickly that high end spin is gone and then the rubber flatlines for months where someone who never knew the higher gear of spin was there also wouldn't know it was gone. But someone who does know what to do with that extra grab would miss it almost instantly and need new rubbers.

So that is the rubber. Not what the Rogue of TT has done.

Stiga Allround Evolution should be great.

In thinking about things, you also may really like:

Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon

That is really nice blade.

And FX-S should be a great choice. Can't go wrong.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
The evolution rubbers also completely lose the grip after a fairly quick period of time. Mine just simply squeaks off the rubber when I run a finger on it or a ball through it. And its trajectory is way too flat.

My advice just buy a hurricane 8 for the FH, learn how to use the legs to produce power and any good soft-sponge tensor rubber for the backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hate to be so mainstream but you might as well just get tenergy 05 both sides they are more expensive then blue fire but out perform it in every way plus last a lot longer. I'd say you can't go wrong with that blade so stick with it and join the dark side of tenergy ;)

Rakza 7 doesn't seem toobad as well. For one it feels much more like a natural rubber and no booster smell

This user has no status.
guys im playing short pips-outside on my backhand :D keep your pips-inside for yourself ;). The thing is that I'm living at the place where Donic and Tibhar have their main base (so with a bit google you know now where im from ;)). So my club is in contract with Donic, what means I can get every few month free-rubbers and Tibhar stuff is also quite cheap for me. For rubbers I'd like to stay with these producers. Butterfly are overpriced and money hungry, i prefer not to bring my money to them. So ifi can find a tibhar all evolution in the next days. I will tell you how it went for me