Safe to buy Viscaria from Paddlepalace/Megaspin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Is it possible to get a bad one if you buy the blade online or is there a minimum standard Butterfly keeps.

I would opt for assembly.

Is it better to buy a quality blade in person than online?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Is it possible to get a bad one if you buy the blade online or is there a minimum standard Butterfly keeps.

I would opt for assembly.

Is it better to buy a quality blade in person than online?

Considering i have bought from Paddlepalace and know a friend who buys equipment from Megaspin, both websites are reliable sources for table tennis equipment in the US. If i remember correctly, when ordering items from PaddlePalace, during the check out process, they have a tiny box that you may type in any requests for. If you still don't believe these websites are safe, you can even buy from the butterfly website themselves to get a guaranteed excellent condition blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Is the condition that Butterfly online will sell you any different from the Paddlepalace and Megaspin.

For me it really comes down to what passes Butterfly Quality Checks.

Is there a large variation in quality in what Butterfly will produce?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Short answer to OP question.

Yes. You can buy a Viscaria from either one and it will be fine and exactly what you would get from Butterfly NA. I have bought Viscarias from all three.

The advantage of a brick store someplace might be that you could hold several and tap them against your head and pick the best weight. But in the US, where do we have that? Not many places.

I know what weight I like best (90-93g) and I would always ask for one in that range. Megaspin was always good about letting me know if they had one like that.

There is some variability in all things made of wood, but quality is not the way I would describe it. Butterfly quality is always high, but the weight range can vary and what one person likes another person may not. I have seen great Viscarias and good Viscarias, and never a bad one.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Megaspin, butterflyonline, paddle palace. All their butterfly blades and rubbers come from the exact same location. I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but if you order at this very second, from either of those 3 sites, you will get the same exact model of the blade you choose as you would from picking another of the websites. The order's are forwarded to the same distributer.

Information comes from some pretty damn good sources.

Truth is, you don't have many options in the united states. you can ask for the specific weight you'd like. Ask all three websites, all three will give you the same answer on the weights they have.