Who do you think will win the China Open 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Fang Bo

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Tiago Apolonia

• Andrej Gacina

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
This week China, the country that dominated the Rio Olympics, hosts the first World Tour since the games and will take place in Chengdu! This super World Tour series begins on the 14th September and concludes on the 18th September 2016. This spectacular event has a strong line up with the host nations Rio Olympic Champion Ma Long leading the men's singles standings.

Total number of entries so far is: 113

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has entered the China Open as the #1 seed.

malongchinaopen2016.jpg

Ma Long no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

samsonovchinaopen2016.jpg

Rio Semi Finalist Vladimir Samsonov enters the China Open as the #6 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Ma Long
02) Fan Zhendong
03) Xu Xin
04) Zhang Jike
05) Wong Chun Ting
06) Vladimir Samsonov
07) Fang Bo
08) Tiago Apolonia
09) Andrej Gacina
10) Koki Niwa
11) Kenta Matsudaira
12) Yuya Oshima
13) Woojin Jang
14) Yuto Muramatsu
15) Ho Kwan Kit
16) Kim Minseok

Women Singles Seeds

liushiwenkuwaitopen2016.jpg

China's Liu Shiwen enters the China Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Liu Shiwen
02) Ding Ning
03) Zhu Yuling
04) Chen Meng
05) Hina Hayata
06) Shan Xiaona
07) Doo Joi Kem
08) Lee Ho Ching
09) Haeun Yang
10) Jian Zeng
11) Yihan Zhou
12) Yui Hamamoto
13) Huajun Jiang
14) Yuka ishigaki
15) Chen Szu Yu
16) Wang Manyu

For full player entries click here.

Live matches from the China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

The line up for this years China Open is super huge!

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
For a super event, it feels a bit strange to me that there is no preliminary round, and every one goes straight into main round of 32, not even 64..

While it is good to have competitions going on for us, ITTF might need to rethink about their spacing of events (after an Olympic) so that the 'super' events do what they are meant to, i.e., to get more of the best players to all come together to compete

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
For a super event, it feels a bit strange to me that there is no preliminary round, and every one goes straight into main round of 32, not even 64..

While it is good to have competitions going on for us, ITTF might need to rethink about their spacing of events (after an Olympic) so that the 'super' events do what they are meant to, i.e., to get more of the best players to all come together to compete

Looks like players have gone on holiday after Rio... :cool:

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
How do I get the playback to work? I have clicked on the Live Stream 1 yet it just continues to load. I have looked around the webpage and couldn't find anything that seemed to be the "On Demand" option...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
How do I get the playback to work? I have clicked on the Live Stream 1 yet it just continues to load. I have looked around the webpage and couldn't find anything that seemed to be the "On Demand" option...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

They only have live streaming from 1pm to 5pm local time because of the low number of players participating. I see they have not update the list of playback in ittv yet. Only 3 matches of Women Single Pre Round is there for the first day. Should check back later for any update.

Reactions: Suga D