What do you prefer? Chinese Rubber vs European Rubbers?

Chinese Rubber vs European Rubbers?

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ah, that makes sense.

So, it will let you do whatever you're doing better, but only after you're already good at it. If you try to use it as a crutch, it just bites you in the ass.

The real problem is that you haven't used the rubbers yet and are speaking about them. I actually think you are right, and that Tenergy can reward lots of suboptimal technique when looping but you can't defend that position when you haven't used the rubbers before. Most of the players writing to you are thinking from a USATT 1800-2100 perspective and probably don't remember what it was like to use Tenergy at a lower level when they had really bad technique. I kinda do so I know what that ball arc from 05 and Baracuda used to do to my opponents even when my loop sucked.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I prefer Chinese rubbers. I simply like the feel & grip tacky topsheets give.

Furthermore, I play close to the table. I don't need more speed or power from the sponge. When I want to hit it hard, there's no problem with speed. If anything, I need something slower to keep me consistent. I've hit with my buddy's Tenergy before and it's fun if messing around like we're both 5 feet of the table rallying. But in actual games I hate it. Ball so often goes long... I'm sure just like pretty much any rubber, one would get use to it in time.

So it's a win, win for me. Chinese rubbers feel normal to me and I'm not dropping $70 bucks a sheet. (No offense to those of you who are. It's just not my thing)

It's fine by me too. Level of play matters when making these statements. Is it possible to play at a high level using this cheaper stuff? Sure. But does the higher level of play do things to this cheaper stuff that most people who play at that level will find value in the more expensive stuff? I think so. People aren't so blind to costs that we spend money blindly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Stop here. Hahaha no more should be said:

How could you, based on the previous statement? If you have never tried them, or ANYTHING like them, what you are talking about is CLEARLY not based on EXPERIENCE.

Technically, this IS NOT TRUE. Not true at all. When we got you to face the music that your rubber was dead as a doornail, at the time you kept claiming it was perfect, great rubber that you could get loads of massive spin with. How we showed you the rubber was dead was when I got you to try the ball bounce touch exercise. Should I repost that video?

That old, dead, recreational rubber was closer to ANTISPIN than it was to new RECREATIONAL rubber and much closer to the wet side of a banana peel than to Tenergy or MX-P.

Refer to the post from Suga D which made me laugh so hard for the simple, more direct version of the message.

What you can say that you know is that the 729 rubber you are using is good enough for you and since money is tight and you are on a budget an inexpensive rubber that is still pretty decent is enough for you.

And, from a theory standpoint, based on what I know about Tenergy, MX-P and Jurassic Reptiles like the Archosaurus, with Tenergy, you might struggle to get the ball to land on the table for a few weeks. You might not. But it is more likely that you would.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Thanks Carl. I was already thinking that he just didn´t get me and made another 5 posts just to keep saying that he has no clue... I was thinking, maybe he got me, but just keeps posting for the sake of it. Or maybe he just wanted to beat your number of posts.
;)

@Archie: this isn´t intended to make you feel bad. In fact my intention rather was: please stop makin a fool out of yourself! It hurts my eye.
A hint could´ve been my second post...
Just one question:
How much value do these posts of you have, when OP is asking: which kind of rubber you prefer, and you take five posts just to repeat that you haven´t tried it yet...
[Emoji2]
Well my offer is still up to date: you can have my 3months old t05 for free. Of course it doesn´t feel brand new anymore (to me it looses that feeling after the first couple of hours) but it still should be good for another few months, to give you an idea (i´ve been using adhesive sheets)

And just about time for another german phrase:
wer mit den großen Hunden abhängen will, sollte wissen, wie man das Bein hebt!
(Rough Translation: If you wanna hang with the big dogs, you should know how to raise the leg)
Background Information: little dog puppies pee like female dogs and don´t raise their leg...
[Emoji12]

Have a lovely weekend, dear TTD-community

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
... I was thinking, maybe he got me, but just keeps posting for the sake of it. Or maybe he just wanted to beat your number of posts.

My assumption is kind of like this.

This is the engine that spins the wheel:

says what [IMG]
I didn't know it was a sin to try to get people to correct your wrongs, around here. Clearly, I'm not trying to act like I know everything about what I'm talking about when I make a question.

Suga D, whatever knowledge I could gain is more valuable than whatever damage my questions can do to my reputation. At least I'm not afraid of looking like I don't have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about.

Maybe you've not considered that I might want to try Tenergy later, but it's bloody expensive, so I'm gonna want all the info from all the sources I can get before I invest? Not just the reviews, but more detailed info that might sound a bit redundant, too.

Like NL said, it'll probably take me a good deal of time to get used to it, and I might just give up entirely if I don't know what I'm dealing with in the slightest.

I'll think about your deal, but I'd prefer you ship it to someone who would really benefit from it. I think there's people out there who wouldn't mind an old sheet.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
wow i'm not sure i should comment, you see I've owned a fair few chinese ( 729 fx blue and normal, 729 soft, 729 battle, glboe 999, globe 999 national, H3, H3 neo, TG3 neo, H3 national, H3-50, Stiga Airoc astero M, 666T) and euro rubbers (sriver L, sriver FX, sriver G3, Mark V, Hexer Duro, Flextra, Rhyzm-P not many compared to some here but apparently i've not tried the latest meme rubbers by the sounds of it!

says what [IMG]
Arch, take up the offer, boost it a bit and it will play a lot closer to brand new tenergy again. Learn by testing it, not by reading about it

When my forehand rubber starts getting bad (If ever, seeing what I'm using ;)) and I won't mind keeping it off my blade, not being glued to anything, I might. If it's still available.

Right now, I REALLY don't want to mess up my head and start EJ-ing or losing my form with other rubbers when I'm just onto something.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Learn by testing it, not by reading about it

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

You nailed it. Reality beats theory.

I didn't know it was a sin to try to get people to correct your wrongs, around here. Clearly, I'm not trying to act like I know everything about what I'm talking about when I make a question.

Suga D, whatever knowledge I could gain is more valuable than whatever damage my questions can do to my reputation. At least I'm not afraid of looking like I don't have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about.

Maybe you've not considered that I might want to try Tenergy later, but it's bloody expensive, so I'm gonna want all the info from all the sources I can get before I invest? Not just the reviews, but more detailed info that might sound a bit redundant, too.

Like NL said, it'll probably take me a good deal of time to get used to it, and I might just give up entirely if I don't know what I'm dealing with in the slightest.

I'll think about your deal, but I'd prefer you ship it to someone who would really benefit from it. I think there's people out there who wouldn't mind an old sheet.

Arch, of course it's not a sin jumpin' on every thread and makin' numerous posts.
And if OP asks which kind of rubber you prefer, it's totally okay to say:
"I can't tell, 'cause basically i've got no idea, I have just tried one type and not the other."
That would be totally fine. There's nothing about it.
But pretending you like chinese rubbers more, when you haven't even tried anything else, is completely off and doesn't make you look very smart but rather a little childish.

C'mon Arch, you can do better than that.

Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
wow i'm not sure i should comment, you see I've owned a fair few chinese ( 729 fx blue and normal, 729 soft, 729 battle, glboe 999, globe 999 national, H3, H3 neo, TG3 neo, H3 national, H3-50, Stiga Airoc astero M, 666T) and euro rubbers (sriver L, sriver FX, sriver G3, Mark V, Hexer Duro, Flextra, Rhyzm-P not many compared to some here but apparently i've not tried the latest meme rubbers by the sounds of it!

Man, what shall I say?

NOT so sure if this thread is about the latest meme rubbers or rather the comparison between chinese and euro/japanese Rubbers....

57134478.jpg

So then which do you like more and why?

Anyway, to me it's like this:

I prefer a chinese rubber on my fh, cause I can generate power and speed on my own and rather seek for control when serving and receiving.
Whereas i prefer japanese rubbers on my BH, which already is pretty controlled, but isn't as powerful and speedy compared to my fh....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Man, what shall I say?

NOT so sure if this thread is about the latest meme rubbers or rather the comparison between chinese and euro/japanese Rubbers....

View attachment 10947

So then which do you like more and why?

Anyway, to me it's like this:

I prefer a chinese rubber on my fh, cause I can generate power and speed on my own and rather seek for control when serving and receiving.
Whereas i prefer japanese rubbers on my BH, which already is pretty controlled, but isn't as powerful and speedy compared to my fh....
Definately the same although i am partial to airoc astero on my bh, ive been looking at getting a T05 Bh but just cannot justify the cost!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
When my forehand rubber starts getting bad (If ever, seeing what I'm using ;)) and I won't mind keeping it off my blade, not being glued to anything, I might. If it's still available.

Right now, I REALLY don't want to mess up my head and start EJ-ing or losing my form with other rubbers when I'm just onto something.

You should either PM Suga D to speak honestly about the offer or just say that you accept or decline it without much comment. You are too new to table tennis to be acting like offers to get more experience with things should be turned down. I played with a year old sheet of Tenergy for most of the time Brett was here. Your attitude is doing you no favors but you are still fairly young.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I tell you what, if Archo had said sure, or posted it himself, I would be okay with that. But I'm not going to post it without his permission.

However, since what you want to see is the exercise, here:

It is the first exercise in this video:

It shows if the person knows how to make brush contact and if the rubber has grip or not.

Yes I am only interested in the exercise. :) Thank you Carl!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
There are too many assumptions and perhaps some fanboy-ism in this thread.

Just like what NL said, tenergy is indeed an easier rubber to use compared to hurricane but it doesnt mean you dont need a good footwork for tenergy.

Bear in mind the hurricane those CNT players use are boosted. Hurricane 3 was meant to be speed glued in the first place.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I prefer European rubbers. Generally in my opinion, they are more forgiving then the chinese rubbers. However once you are able to control the chinese rubber they play amazing and generate slightly more spin compared to the European rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
I used Joola Tango for many years which was great, you could pick the ball up by pressing your bat on it. After returning to table tennis from a 13 year break it's disappeared from the market. It was kind of a tacky tensor which I loved. Now using Barracuda and Tenergy 05 but they aren't the same. Where have tacky tensors gone and were they the best of both worlds???