Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys,

We have just released our latest review thanks to TableTennis11.com on the popular evolution series consisting of the FX-P, EL-P, MX-P and MX-S.

For a more detailed review on the rubbers visit the TTD review Center below:
Evolution FX-P
Evolution EL-P
Evolution MX-P
Evolution MX-S

Who has tried or uses the Evolution rubbers and what do you think of them?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
mmhh - I would have expected a review of the new additions to the family, EL-S and FX-S, rather than a review about rubbers that have been out for nearly four years (FX-P, EL-P, MX-P). Even MX-S was released in March 2015 ...

Good point Airoc. Next month we will release a review of the EL-S and FX-S to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I think S stands for Spin and P for Power. Just my inner thought by the way, but It's still make sense. :p

It does indeed.
The first three rubbers are Flexible Power, Elastic Power and Maximum Power.
MX-S added Maximum Spin.
And I would say the names of the two new ones reflect what they stand for also, even if EL-S does not have a completely different topsheet within the S series like EL-P has among the Ps, Elastic Spin fits very nicely and Flexible Spin also.

Of course due to individual technique players may be able to generate more spin from an EL-S than an MX-S since it is way more easy to play, but the name reflects the possibilities ;)

This user has no status.
Do I understand right that the Mx-S has harder sponge and is faster than the Mx-P ? That's in my head somehow not making sense since P is for power and S is for Spin. Is it generaly in this series like this? That the S version are faster and harder than the P versions?

Disregarding the video, here's my own opinion:

The MX-S and MX-P are really similar in terms of hardness, I think TTD got a MX-P on the softer end to be honest. In comparison to the MX-P, the MX-S is definitely spinnier (duh) and has way less catapult. It requires a longer stroke and a bit more physical engagement. I feel like the MX-S has more gears if you know what you're doing, but the MX-P is pulling slightly ahead at the higher end.

says Aging is a killer
Good review as always.
From the discussion so far, I can see that Tibhar has been really clever in their naming and marketing of the Evo series.
Every variation of tensioned-rubber inverted style is covered and it's quite easy to see which way to go (or experiment) without leaving the Evo series.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Maybe "best selling products" are defined by the shop owner to promote certain stuff, rather than reflecting actual sales figures. I do get around a bit yet I have to find someone who plays either Rakza. It might be a regional thing, but from what I know it is not at all surprising that no-one writes about them because no-one plays with them.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Good review has anyone tried the new Evolution rubbers, how do they compare?

Thanks! In our upcoming review of the ELS and FXS we will compare the two with the rubbers from this present review :)

Disregarding the video, here's my own opinion:

The MX-S and MX-P are really similar in terms of hardness, I think TTD got a MX-P on the softer end to be honest. In comparison to the MX-P, the MX-S is definitely spinnier (duh) and has way less catapult. It requires a longer stroke and a bit more physical engagement. I feel like the MX-S has more gears if you know what you're doing, but the MX-P is pulling slightly ahead at the higher end.

I agree, it is hard to tell the difference. I have heard that the top sheet used on the MX-S is completely different to the one on the MX-P hence the differences. I feel the MX-S could be closer to Tenergy than the MX-P with the way it felt. MX-P definitely quicker and felt easier to play with. I'm impressed by this series! Have you tried the new ones?

Would be great to see a review of Rakza 7, 9 and X someday as well. You always see them on the best selling products on tabletenis11 but surprisingly little is written about these rubbers compared to the Tenergy and Evolution series.

Will look into reviewing the Rakza 7 in the near future.

Reactions: anchorschmidt