Chinese Rankings?

This user has no status.
Hello,

As the Chinese Nationals Championships are currently being played, I feel like now is a better time than any to ask the following question:-

If the CNT could have an unlimited amount of players playing in World Tour Events, how many Chinese players would be ranked in the top 50/100?

Surely there are hundreds of players good enough to beat the majority of Non-Chinese players?

I'd be interested to gauge people's opinions on this topic :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say about 40 to 50 players.
If you think about it ma long,xu xin, zhang jike and fan are special. There a cut above the rest.

People like fang bo, and an yan , zhou you, and the other chinese super league could be called tier two.

Look at the final of hong kong chsmpionships, tang peng beat a cs player cui quinglei 4-3.

So a lot of these players are like dimi ovcharov, timo boll, mizutani level.

To find players like fan and ma is extremely rare. Fan and ma are like the usain bolts of the running world. Literally that 1 in 10 million.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
If you think about it ma long,xu xin, zhang jike and fan are special. There a cut above the rest.

People like fang bo, and an yan , zhou you, and the other chinese super league could be called tier two.

Look at the final of hong kong chsmpionships, tang peng beat a cs player cui quinglei 4-3.

To find players like fan and ma is extremely rare. Fan and ma are like the usain bolts of the running world. Literally that 1 in 10 million.

I think your right around 50 players from China would be in the top 100 in the world. If you look at the Chinese Super League there are players the world has never heard of yet get wins over the top boys including Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Fan Zhendong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sorry to burst the bubble, but it won't be 50
Just look at the non Chinese playing record in the super league.
I would say only 10 to 20 players are Top 30 level in the world.

Another problem is the up or out policy, so many players may not have the chance to even have a chance to proof oneself in China, may it be political or financial.
Such of these "drop outs" end up playing overseas and make it into the top in the world

Far rarer than 1 in 10 million even. If it were 1 in 10 million, we would have around 700 Fan Zhendong/ Ma Longs. :D