Elbow Pain

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Do you have tennis elbow? Is the pain in your elbow or do you just have muscle soreness from exercise?

Hm, maybe it is what UpSideDownCarl had in mind, but to be clear if you have a tennis elbow, the pain is actually not in the elbow, but in the outer side of your forearm near the elbow. If it is in the inner side of your forearm, it is golfers elbow. If you have pain in the elbow it is triceps tendonitis.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hm, maybe it is what UpSideDownCarl had in mind, but to be clear if you have a tennis elbow, the pain is actually not in the elbow, but in the outer side of your forearm near the elbow. If it is in the inner side of your forearm, it is golfers elbow. If you have pain in the elbow it is triceps tendonitis.

Look. What I actually mean is: a person can feel the difference between muscle soreness from working out and the clear pain caused by an actual repetitive stress issue. Muscle soreness is not a problem. And it goes away in a matter of days. A chronic repetitive stress issue is not going to feel like muscle soreness. And an exercise that makes a chronic repetitive stress issue feel worse WILL NOT cause it to get better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Look. What I actually mean is: a person can feel the difference between muscle soreness from working out and the clear pain caused by an actual repetitive stress issue. Muscle soreness is not a problem. And it goes away in a matter of days. A chronic repetitive stress issue is not going to feel like muscle soreness. And an exercise that makes a chronic repetitive stress issue feel worse WILL NOT cause it to get better.

for sure yes and yes.
But it would be strange if someone mixed muscle soreness with a pain...
And you can't strengthen your forehand muscles before the tendon isn't healed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I heard that soreness when starting a new exercise is normal, as your muscles aren't used to being exerted in that way. But yeah, I can stop the exercises until the pain goes away. It's the flexbar that's been painful recently. I haven't noticed much pain during games recently.

Maybe I didn't get what you are saying correctly, but you get the muscle soreness in a day or so after exercising, not during exercising. During the exercise you can feel muscle fatigue or you can pump it and that's ok. But if you get pain during the exercise, then you should look deeper into the situation.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I just got the green one. After 3 days of doing 3 sets of 15 reps, the pain started getting worse and even extended down to my hand. I've cut back to 1 set per day. Hopefully it's only a matter of "it'll get worse before it'll get better".
If the pain got worse, that indicates you're using a bar with too much resistance. Drop down to the red or yellow bar.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
It's not going to help an injury that has already happened, but I have found kino tape to be really good at preventing mild overuse from becoming an injury. And it's cheap and can't do any harm. I am surprised more weekend athletes don't use it.