Phone preference.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Someone ask Carl about the very special phone he uses and likes... :D

Carl, what is that very special phone you like to use?

I don’t believe I am aware of just what Der is talking about. But if I explained to you about my phone, which is standard issue for my department these days, someone might have to wipe your memory or worse, because the DoD may not like me revealing Sensitive Compartmented Information to someone who doesn’t have an FSP or ESS screening level.

Not to mention what might happen to me or Der if they thought I had revealed any government secrets to him.

Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland

Last edited:
Reactions: lVegita and langel
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It all started because TTD bans the word I-phonnne if spelled correctly. When you quote, you have to manually change the spelling of the phone, so Carl's phone changed from an I-phonnne to a spy-phone and developed unique capabilities of its own with each Goon Squad encounter.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It all started because TTD bans the word I-phonnne if spelled correctly. When you quote, you have to manually change the spelling of the phone, so Carl's phone changed from an I-phonnne to a spy-phone and developed unique capabilities of its own with each Goon Squad encounter.

You are not supposed to reveal the secret origins and development of my SpyPhone. Now Patrick Michael Shanahan is going to be sending the goon squad after us. And you can be sure he will do everything in his power to get Thomas Weikart to aid him in tracking us down.

Good thing they still can't crack the code of the secret hideout and the stack of boosted, real, fake H3 National is ready to go to set the next trap for the goons they will certainly be sending our way.

Now I will surely have to put my SpyPhone to the use for which it was originally intended. And I don't think TTDaily identifies the word iPhone as a bad word anymore. I am not sure how they decided it was no longer bad to say iPhone though. Obviously that was a big mistake. And I will have to get back on the software developers to kick that censorship level back up. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hey,

really sorry to bother you with a non-tt-related question, but does anyone of you guys use Huawei smartphones? If so, what does "com.huawei.hidisk" mean? Is it simply the Huawei file manager and does it mean that an app was opened or closed?
We do not know much about smartphones and surprisingly got insufficient answers from IT support and Google so far.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Whats the best alternative to.......

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It might be worth noting that IVegita has not posted since the first week of June 2020.
My point is that you guys are arguing over fluff and not what really matters, having private conversations.
IVegita just raised the question.
BTW, any google phone knows exactly where you have been. I have a truck camper. My Android phone can follow me almost everywhere. It can't follow me when I am in the national forest where there is no WIFI or cell tower coverage. I am going try to "de-Google" my phone and e-mail as Google is the evil now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Google actually makes my life better every day.
Google is evil.
It reads your e-mails. It monitors all your searches and your stored data.
It reminds me of the old Pink Floyd song "welcome to the machines" or Orwell's 1984

I still use Google but I only use Chrome to Google things. I use Firefox for most personal things and Edge for company things. This way the cross tracking in minimized. I am slowly weaning myself off anything Google.
I am now changing my accounts so they no longer use my gmail e-mail address.

I have a YouTube channel. I am in the process of removing my videos there and moving them to lbry.tv.
My channel is not political, it is educational about control theory so it is in no danger of being banned like many other channels. However, I don't wish to contribute to the evil.

Also, my company a website and e-mails but I want to make an non-company e-mail server so no one can track me. I have the resources to do that easily.

Don't be sheeple people!

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Google? I ask it questions. It gives me answers. I want to see a map, it shows me a map. I want to watch videos, I watch videos, maybe they help me fall asleep at night or catch up on a favorite musician, or just watch a video of some dude walking the streets of Stockholm or Paris. I don't give a $hit if they read my emails since I would never put anything sensitive in a gmail.com message and my life doesn't have many secrets. Yeah, they know where I travel. But if you have a cell phone the thing uses cell phone towers anyway so one's movements can be traced (as people who were inside the US Capitol building in the afternoon of January 6, 2021 are likely to soon find out). It's the world we live in. And I definitely don't care if other people know where I am or have been. In fact, one of the things I hate the most about Covid-19 is not traveling. As a general rule I am not a big fan of companies that get that big and omnipresent. But we've had things like that all my life. Remember before they broke up ATT? I suspect at some point Google will have to be broken up too. But I'm not paranoid and I'm not about to go hide in a national forest to escape from Google. Like I said, they certainly make my life easier. Amazon too.

But I refuse to open a Facebook account.

I got a new Samsung 5G phone last summer. I'm amazed at how much better batteries have gotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My point is that you guys are arguing over fluff and not what really matters, having private conversations.
IVegita just raised the question.
BTW, any google phone knows exactly where you have been. I have a truck camper. My Android phone can follow me almost everywhere. It can't follow me when I am in the national forest where there is no WIFI or cell tower coverage. I am going try to "de-Google" my phone and e-mail as Google is the evil now.

I just wanted to make sure you knew.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Baal gets credit for not having a Facebook account but he is still a google source of data as am I to a lesser extent .
However ever I am weaning myself off of Google. The problem is that Google can still search this forum for information unless Dan has prohibited it.

Upside down Carl should know better by now.

You young guys worry to much about what blade or rubber you are going to use and not about the future.