Jean Michel Saive is planning to run for ITTF President

This user has no status.
I would lean towards an actual professional player who has played in professional tournaments around the world, rather than a suit who has spent most of his career in an office.
so, Who Which is currently a sports body head officer that previously a professional sportsman, in any sports? [emoji6]

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
Yeah this would be great. The way the plastic ball transition was handled was disastrous. The balls were just not there yet and in many cases are still not there yet.

Don't get me wrong, I think Saive would be a great candidate for ITTF president. HOWEVER, we all saw how dreadfully done the transition to the poly ball was; and that happened under a president who's been in the business world for quite some time. Which got me thinking. Saive would definitely have great ideas which would benefit the sport, but how well will he be able to execute these ideas seeing as he's been an athlete his whole life and doesn't seem to have much experience in the corporate world? Just a thought

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
Don't get me wrong, I think Saive would be a great candidate for ITTF president. HOWEVER, we all saw how dreadfully done the transition to the poly ball was; and that happened under a president who's been in the business world for quite some time. Which got me thinking. Saive would definitely have great ideas which would benefit the sport, but how well will he be able to execute these ideas seeing as he's been an athlete his whole life and doesn't seem to have much experience in the corporate world? Just a thought

Well, if it takes corporate world experience to allow the current plastic ball situation, I would prefer someone without corporate world experience.