My Forehand technique - critique

says what [IMG]
Based on the video footage I've seen of strangeloop vs the video footage I've seen from the Archosaurus, strangeloop is at least 4-5 levels above the Jurassic Reptile and could be 7-10 levels higher.

As far as the other questions you are asking about: let's see the video footage! Footage that even shows you can even loop two in a row would be heart warming. And it sure would be a start.

But if you can get footage of everything you just described, man, that would be cool footage. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing it.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy
I don't doubt it: whatever I've shown in terms of games is, well, terrible. Terribly outdated for one.

I have a ton of self hitting, but I understand that it's really not exactly the same thing, and even if you can see A LOT of progress there, it's not worth much. All bark no bite.

Now, I'd love to post everything I've filmed in terms of games. And I've explained why I can't. If I was in a club with likeminded people, which could also motivate me to buy a decent tripod and camera as well :rolleyes:, then it'd be different, there'd be no excuse.
However about everyone doesn't want to be filmed, and I want them to be on cam but I could compromise with just showing myself. However I'd either need to purchase and carry around the tripod/cam setup, or get someone to waste their time on filming me from an angle that hides the other player. It's a PITA.

Now, serves are another story. I've been filming my serves from suboptimal angles to get some idea, but I'm thinking of better alternatives. Maybe soon I'll start posting quite regular serving videos: that I'd love to do.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One of those mini tripods that hold a cell phone are small and very inexpensive.

$9.99:

http://www.target.com/p/promark-pho...gclid=CMDSv-notM8CFQhkhgodn1wAwQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Shooting the video so you are the only person in the frame is easy.

Without the tripod, just having a friend spend 5 min pressing stop and start so you video one rally at a time and can choose the rallies without needing to edit is easy too. If they stand there for 5 min and make a bunch of videos that are each the length of one rally, you will have plenty of video to post.

Your excuses about filming seem lamer and lamer to me. Just get some footage and post. And then you can make claims like the ones you've made about what your level actually is.

Until you post video of your play, that shows you are more than an interested recreational player who thinks he is doing things but isn't, claiming your level is remotely similar to someone who has good form, it just isn't going to fly.

Your shadow stroke videos and self hit videos show a level of form that is at least 7-10 levels lower than strangeloop's loop vs block video. You're form is not bad in those videos. It is just low level and would need a lot more practice, body awareness, and actual knowledge from PLAY.

You are trying. You want to get better. But the pop on impact that shows your body knows what you are doing IS NOT THERE.

No more self hit videos. Real play against a real human with the ball coming back and you responding to it.

Perhaps you can't tell. But that is why, with all the claims you make, you may as well post video that shows your actual level.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now, I'd love to post everything I've filmed in terms of games. And I've explained why I can't.

This statement is a bit ridiculous. In a video editor you can crop film so you are the only person in the frame.

So go take a few clips you already have and crop the film so you are the only person in the film.