Tibhar EVO MX-S vs The Tenergy Club!

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hey guys,

This is more for historical questions and to save future threads!

I've been playing with a ZLC blade (Garaydia), with T05 on the forehand, and T64 on the backhand.

I've been looking at alternatives to Tenergy since the price increase in the UK, with the obvious Evo Range being well thought of.

I managed to try the MX-S on a similar ZLC blade (the ZJK).

Note: All rubbers are MAX sponge.

Thoughts:

MX-S vs T05

Looping - There's not a huge amount in the speed - But MX-S was slower. The throw angle was similar, and the spin was similar. Because it was a touch slower, some of the loops gripped a bit more and had more "pop" when landing on the other side of the table.

MX-S is noticeably harder than T05, but I could very easily interchange between the rubbers without any issue.

The short game was perhaps slightly easier with MX-S, given it's a touch slower and harder - But I find this to be a very personal feeling.

MK-S vs T64

To be honest, you can probably work this one out based on the review above! But if you've never used either rubber, here goes.

Looping - MX-S has a MUCH higher thrown than T64. It's noticeable slower compared with T64, and gives a slight firmer crisp when hitting the ball.

I use T64 on the backhand, and like to punch block near the table, and loop when away from the table.

MX-S is good for looping, but more difficult to punch block due to the higher throw it generates compared with the arrow like throw of the T64.

Conclusion:

I'd have no hesitation is swapping if I needed too. The one thing I haven't seen is the durability of MX-S - It's a false economy to buy MX-S (or MX-P), if it only lasts 70% of a Tenergy rubber.

Last edited: