Champions League 2016/2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Orenburg signing Jun Mizutani is the same as the Golden State Warriors signing Kevin Durant. Ovtcharov and Samsonov should be able to win the CL with Smirnov or someone else at #3, but now no matter how many times Dima lets them down against Apolonia/Xu Hui/Yoshida/Karlsson/Freitas/etc there is no chance they can lose a 2-leg encounter.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Samsonov is definitely not in a good shape lately. I would say his age is starting to affect him. However, the experience is still helping him overcome difficult situations like the one against Franzisca!

Anyway, Fakel Orenburg needs a reeeeeally bad day (or 2) not to win this Champions League. Mizutani seems to win easily, only putting some real effort when it is necessary (2-2). Then Ovtcharov is having a great 2017 start with several titles. Samsonov could be defeated, but even with that... I totally agree with fanTT, this team is way too much for any other European club.

Lol i couldnt agree more. Orenburg is the 'super team' of champions league.
Orenburg signing Jun Mizutani is the same as the Golden State Warriors signing Kevin Durant. Ovtcharov and Samsonov should be able to win the CL with Smirnov or someone else at #3, but now no matter how many times Dima lets them down against Apolonia/Xu Hui/Yoshida/Karlsson/Freitas/etc there is no chance they can lose a 2-leg encounter.