says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here, I found this very funny:

Notice how smooth.

Notice he states he is the greatest.

Now we know why he never got it. He is comparing a 50 percent shooting average, of pros with a defender in their face with his 50 percent shooting average with nobody covering him. But it seems like he forgot that a good shooting pro will shoot free throws at 99+ percent.

Seems like the same way he couldn't get the difference between self hitting drop shots and a real one. :)

Here is the jumpshot:

Note, he starts from top of the key and ends up shooting from the free throw line. Also note, he does not really vary the angle.

No way you can talk someone this delusional out of their delusion. I can't wait till he tries to play one on one vs high level basketball players. :) [emoji459] [emoji971]

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Totally funny. I guess he can have his delusions. The only way for them to be broken is by facing a 2200-2300 player and finding out what happens.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
well I thought this should be TT forum and everythind connected with table tennis. I think some of you have too much free time. Maybe you should go to your neighbours or practise some TT if you have so much free time. It is definitely better then bother us with some stupid videos.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
A few days ago I stumbled upon a video where he's giving his thoughts about USATT rating and some other stuff. 2200-2300 USATT rated players won't be able to get 5 points against him, just so you know :)

Oh my god that guy... thats so rude and ignorant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
well I thought this should be TT forum and everythind connected with table tennis. I think some of you have too much free time. Maybe you should go to your neighbours or practise some TT if you have so much free time. It is definitely better then bother us with some stupid videos.

You clearly don't get the context of this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
It may be not a popular point of view, but I found his topspin serve techinque quite tricky. I have no idea how he is playing, but I have definitely seen some good players (I mean around 3rd league) with serves that were very easy to read.

Of course easly wnning with 2200-2300 players is an exageration, but it may come from his overconfidence and the fact that maybe he wasn't watching videos of players on different level. For us it is obvious that we look much worse and slower on the video than we think, but he might not know that fact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It may be not a popular point of view, but I found his topspin serve techinque quite tricky. I have no idea how he is playing, but I have definitely seen some good players (I mean around 3rd league) with serves that were very easy to read.

Of course easly wnning with 2200-2300 players is an exageration, but it may come from his overconfidence and the fact that maybe he wasn't watching videos of players on different level. For us it is obvious that we look much worse and slower on the video than we think, but he might not know that fact.

Siva spent a long time sharing video of his strokes and his serves so we know he had decent and even good serves, even though they were sometimes too high or too long to consistently work at a decent level. The thing with serves is that unless you are well versed in using serves to set up your full game, experienced people will just put the ball back on the table even if poorly and expose the deficiencies in your strokes. If you can't play a correct smash or topspin, I can just float the return and step back even with my bad knees.

Buthe he posted here for a long time so we got to know his personality. Many of us here try to explain all the things you have said to players who are frustrated about this game and how difficult it is. If you know own lots of TT personalities, you will know that there are delusional people out there. Same with chess or any other sport I have played. Even when you tell them reasonable things they want to do their own thing. So believe me, all the things you write were explained to him in both a polite manner and in a manner appropriate to delusional people.

Finally, a lot of TT is experience quickly reading and adapting to spin and trajectory and technique is not going to fix that without practice. You can't see the brain of a 2200 player but the experience anticipating the ball is huge. These are the kinds of things we try to tell people so that they don't trivialize table tennis. Theye exist in all pro sports and are the biggest reasons that good athletes can't just switch sports without spending years and getting lucky.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Finally, a lot of TT is experience quickly reading and adapting to spin and trajectory and technique is not going to fix that without practice. You can't see the brain of a 2200 player but the experience anticipating the ball is huge. These are the kinds of things we try to tell people so that they don't trivialize table tennis. Theye exist in all pro sports and are the biggest reasons that good athletes can't just switch sports without spending years and getting lucky.

Everything you said NextLevel is obviously true, but that is why I only commented on his serves and didn't just say "he is ~2200 player"

If his 3rd ball, anticipation etc. where on the same level as his serves I could easly imagine him winning with 2200 players, but if he has none of that then of course he would stand no chance. just don't know anything about him and that is why I commneted only on his serves

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Everything you said NextLevel is obviously true, but that is why I only commented on his serves and didn't just say "he is ~2200 player"

If his 3rd ball, anticipation etc. where on the same level as his serves I could easly imagine him winning with 2200 players, but if he has none of that then of course he would stand no chance. just don't know anything about him and that is why I commneted only on his serves

I know. I was trying to tell you that we know a lot about him and that is why he is being made fun of. People who don't know that night just think he is innocent. He was given a lot of advice and information that would help him place his level realistically but he rejected it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Arch, you're right, but it was himself who created that YouTube Channel seeking for viewers.
And I guess some viewers have seen this meanwhile, so it should actually be in his interest, that people discuss his videos.
No matter if positive or negative. In showbiz language: rather bad publicity than no publicity at all.
And I'm quite surprised of these vids.

But you're generally right: I was taught, if you can't say anything nice about someone rather say nothing at all. But sometimes it just gets too much....

See:

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, my point in posting was entertainment for us. I actually don't feel like I have any reason to shame the guy. My purpose was not that.

To me it is funny that the guy thinks his basketball skill level is already on par with top pros because he can make 50% of his shots from the free throw line with nobody in his face. To me that informs me that trying to explain to him the difference between him and a high level player would be a waste of time.

Perhaps he is entertaining himself. If that is the case, then as far as I am concerned, I am entertained.

I do think his serves were pretty darn good. Not enough disguise on them and it seemed from the match play we watched his serves were all really loaded but variations in the amount of spin were not there. In all the matches I saw of him, he was playing mostly with guys whose return of serve was pretty weak and whose overall level was pretty low and whose technique was unconventional to say the least.

Still, despite how bad his footwork was, if his rally skills, his short game or his tactics were anywhere close to the level of his serves he would be darn good.

But the main thing I was bringing this up for was his penchant for comparing himself to top pros and not getting the difference between a self hit ball and one that happened in real time, in a match, by a top pro:

Vs

To me, it seems like he has found a new sport to do this with.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited: