Wristpains

This user has no status.
After joining a tt-club I unintentionally changed my playing by some micro-adjustments.. going from what I now know was a pretty flat style of play to alot more spin oriented game.

This has caused a few problems.

1. I need new rubbers with more spin. :D
2. I get wristpains in these locations. Im thinking inflamation.
ae34e99323c08d50d0c4904d767cd7a4.jpg

Should I just take a time out?

This has been going on for a few weeks. :(

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Resting it for a week or so might be a good idea, not to mention a bit of "Deep Heat." And lay off the flicks if you can !

That is good insight. Hahaha.

I think I have been told the backdrop to the story. Liten plays penhold with RPB and saw how good the guys at the club were at flipping the ball. So he started trying and, I think that is when the wrist problem started.

Is that right Liten?

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Liten
I think it's because now you are using some muscles much more than when you were playing before with you adjustment. I think muscles will be able to handle the extra work with time :eek: . When I started playing again after being absent from the sport for almost 4 years my whole hand and neck were in big pain but i played through. Things got normal after about 2 months.

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
That is good insight. Hahaha.

I think I have been told the backdrop to the story. Liten plays penhold with RPB and saw how good the guys at the club were at flipping the ball. So he started trying and, I think that is when the wrist problem started.

Is that right Liten?

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Exactly!

But its forehand also.
I now try to inflict as much spin as I can to most balls just to get the hang of it. :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Another part, as I read it was from flipping (flicking) the ball, elbow position is also a part to play

I would say the RPB is a more natural flipping shot that a SH player, due to the way the wrist can move.
My first thought was technical error, thus causing injury, but this is almost impossible to tell over few words....

This user has no status.
Part of the problem for me is ive gone from a really straight game (mostly push, block, line-drivers and smashes) to much more spin oriented play. Most of these strokes are on FH. RPB flicking ive been doing succesfully for about 2 years. Works great. And I never put heavy spin on the ball using RPB.. im not at that level. So im guessing the FH is the bad guy in this drama..
Also: My blade is 100g clean. A beast! Great for the type of playing I did before, loads of extra power. Now.. naaaa.. not so much. Still feels like coming home, but its quite a heavy setup..

says Aging is a killer
I'm sure Baal will soon appear and give a comprehansive advice.

But I will say that every advanced TT player suffers from wrist pain at some time or other.
The solution usually comes down to doing wrist exercises for strengthening and warmup. There are loads on the web and YouTube. Choose the exercise that you like and will continue performing.
I like the good old grip type wrist strengthener. It can be used whilst at your desk at work or simply watching anything.

One tip for TT is to use a mild wrist strap or a tight wrist sweatband when training. You can remove it for tournament play when you need that extra spin.