Who do you think will win the European Championships 2016?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Stefan Fegerl

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Andrej Gacina

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Alexander Shibaev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
even without the injury Boll is not the player he used to be alas. you can feel he's not as quick, or as powerful. Still its a pity because even far from his best, he was close to winning this championship. I think Gauzy was a slight favorite against Boll if we look at recent performances and recent form, but Boll has more experience and was handling the pressure better, that's why he won the first game.

It looks more and more likely Boll will retire soon (and Samsonov as well). The 2 big european champions of those last 15 (or 20 !) years will be gone...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Come on - that's only because Gauzy lost easily - did you see some of those points? Lebesson was amazing...

Take off those several good rallies. Everything else is nothing to watch at all. No intense - nothing.
I expected even more better rallies because they know each other very well, but i was wrong.

Still congrats to France. They are on top of europe now.

Congratulations for Lebesson. Very constant game during the whole championship, focused 100%. He proved that soft sponge rubbers both on fh and bh can work very well at professional level, especially for his style - very fast swings close to the table.

What rubbers has he used, sorry to ask? :D