Sweaty hands. Help me please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
After playing table tennis for about 15 minutes, I begin to sweat a ton! The problem with this is that the sweat gets on my rubber, and causes it to loose all grip and tackiness. And lately, it has been making my rubber peel off. I would wipe the sweat onto my shirt or shorts, but they are soaking as well. I can wipe it on my towel once or twice before the towel gets too wet. And I cant use the towel in between every point. Does anyone have any tips for what I can do to not get sweat to get on my rubber?

This user has no status.
bb4ebb3c13aaa41c07bc327e0995cc7c.jpg

?

:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Wristbands, towel off every 6 points. Outside of that, not sure what else you can do.

Is your fitness level okay? Do you work out outside of TT?

I've used a wristband one time, but that was a long time ago. I don't know why that didn't come to my mind :p. And my fitness level is quite good. The mega-sweating must be genetic. My father would always come home after a run looking like he just went swimming.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
After playing table tennis for about 15 minutes, I begin to sweat a ton! The problem with this is that the sweat gets on my rubber, and causes it to loose all grip and tackiness. And lately, it has been making my rubber peel off. I would wipe the sweat onto my shirt or shorts, but they are soaking as well. I can wipe it on my towel once or twice before the towel gets too wet. And I cant use the towel in between every point. Does anyone have any tips for what I can do to not get sweat to get on my rubber?

Get one of those rubber cleaning sponges that look like a pillow and clean every 6 points, also use an Overgrip. There are different types of grips some are absorbent and you have to change them regularly, they're a cheap on ebay btw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Get one of those rubber cleaning sponges that look like a pillow and clean every 6 points, also use an Overgrip. There are different types of grips some are absorbent and you have to change them regularly, they're a cheap on ebay btw
I think an overgrip would solve all of my problems. But, I think it will feel too different to my normal handle, and it will take away some of the feeling.

This user has no status.
omg help me, I have sweaty hands too. Does a wrist band actually solve all the sweat problems?

No.

You will still sweat..
not even a one-piece-suit of wristband material will help with sweat.

It will however help with sweat ending up in the wrong places.. like on the rubbers...

;)

I sweat a lot too. :D I used to wear a wrist band on my playing hand. but if i play for a long time like a game with 5 sets my hand starts to hurt. it think it's because of the tension of the band reduces the movement of the muscles. Am I wrong or right?. Now I wear it on other hand.:eek:

Reactions: Suga D
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I usually find wristbands get damp pretty quickly when I use them especially if it's humid. You can try grip tape or (I don't know if this is legal lol) just go the old fashioned way like the weightlifters and take a chalk bag out there haha