stent in my heart

I had heart attack 6 month ago. I havent practised table tennis since then. they put stent in my heart. I want to play tennis again. Is there any one with the same problem?

I haven't had any problem like this you had, but anyway, I think is a good idea to look for a doctor before start doing any physical stress...

Good recovery for you buddy!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Ask your doctor but exercise is good. Be reasonable.

Reactions: JeffM
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a friend who used to play. He had a heart condition. For years he played where his doctor told him he could play but just training. No matches because the matches messed with his blood pressure and his heart too much. But training without counting points was fine. He was in his 70s and had two heart attacks by then.

You might be fine playing matches. But if not, training without competing may be helpful to the heart condition.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have a friend with a father who had a heart attack and still plays table tennis. I myself suffer from serious injuries after a car accident. I think you should be able to play table tennis if you do what the other posters suggested, it is as when starting with any exercises, go very slow in the beginning.

You should not take nor should I give medical advice over the internet though, so take what I say with a grain of salt and consult a doctor if in doubt.

I'm fairly certain that your life is not over just because you had a heart attack though. Having one at 37 must suck, I felt very much the same with my accident when I was around 20, it takes some getting used to, but life very much goes on, you just have to adapt and overcome.

Start at very low intensity and build up _very_ slowly.

Reactions: jin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree. I'll say what my friends dad said after his heart attack though.

He said that he'd rather die than sit around the house doing nothing, so he's still playing table tennis and we have had him with us on 2 5 day hikes way up north. One might feel that he's selfish, but he sat down with his family and they agreed on what he can and cannot do. He gave up running, but he really wanted to keep hiking, even if it is pretty dangerous for somebody with his condition.

He has a pulse meter with him every time he does something that will impact his heart rate, with a safe pulse threshold set by his doctor. As soon he hits that threshold he takes a rest until his heart rate is in a safe zone. It's still not 100 % safe, but are anybody that? And it is his and his family's choice, so who am I to argue with that?

In the end every individual has to make his own decisions in consideration with his/her doctor and family.

Reactions: jin