Need help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
The Big Dipper felt unboosted quite 'alive' but still different to H3Neo.
Its factory boost wears off quite quick and then it doesn't feel so nice anymore and behaves a lot more like a classic chinese rubber such as 729fx and such (though the sponge seems to be a little more lively).

But after three layers of haifu b.o. it becomes a whole different story.

The rubber started excelling and its performance wasn't far from H3Neo prov. at all.

I can't tell why, but it seems these rubbers are really made for being boosted. It's such a difference, and much stronger than factory boost and i must say I started liking the rubber more.
There is a phrase in german saying:
"warum zum Schmidtchen gehen, wenn man zum Schmidt gehen kann",
which basically means:
why get something with less quality if you can get the real deal holyfield.
(Edit:)
Or better:
why settle for less if you can reach out for the best.

Well in this case i think Schmidtchen isn't too far from Schmidt even pricewise (based on H3neo commercial price).
Whereas i tend to like the BD's blue sponge more than the H3neo's commercial orange sponge. But that's just my personal preference.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I play with H3 and Neo H3 unboosted for years. If you're used to it, you're used to it.

We can agree to disagree. For my level and type of play, it works well unboosted. I had tried boosters, tried speed glue, etc. Yes it's better boosted, but I refuse to be bothered with the routines that comes with it. For me the trouble and waste of time negates the benefits.

I play with prov and national versions too. Unboosted. Yeah, yeah, what a waste... But it's mine to do as I please. Just want to put it out there that there's some who play with H3/Neo H3 unboosted and liking it that way.

Cheers!

This user has no status.
Just used it for 20mins. First impression is that it is quite a bit softer than the H3 neo and has a higher throw angle. The H3 has a more direct trajectory as well. The spin is about the same on serves. You can definitely feel the rebound effect from it being a tensor but I think its spring was very exaggerated - "huge catapult effect" - in other reviews.

I am using this rubber on a carbon blade and did use the H3 on an all-wood.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Just did my session and I take back what I said about it not having a huge catapult effect. It was really fast. I found counter topspins the hardest to do at the start as they would constantly go off the table. It's probably down to my stroke being used to using a slower and lower arc hurricane 3 neo. However, if you got the timing correct and had the correct stroke it was low and fast. I found the serve harder to get over the net sometimes using the big dipper because it has quite low spring on less active actions. But, the serve had equal spin. Also, there was a more forward movement required and a more closed bat angle to achieve an accurate yet fast FH shot otherwise it would ping off. If you prefer slower loops with more control I would choose the H3 which needs a more brush contact. If you want a softer rubber with more speed but less forgiving then the big dipper will be better - more solid contact. Also, if your body was quite upright the ball would go straight into the net which I think is the same as the H3 neo but I can't remember. The short game was quite odd when you first use it because you expect it to bounce off quickly but it doesn't. I have another training session in 4 days so I can give a better review if you want. At the moment I prefer the H3 neo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2015
Rubber neo Hurricane 3 blue sponge is very flexible. NEO allows you to play without the arc. if very high speed and you do not have time to play the arc, it allows the rubber to answer without the arc. It is a powerful source in the rubber. They have different hardness and thickness of sponge rubber. thinner sponge ball will fly linearly. in the composite is desirable to put less than the hardness of the sponge. it is important to have the blade you use. Tell me what your blade and I'll try to tell the hardness and thickness of the rubber? Currently, most of the players provincial clubs playing in a rubber version of the NEO. I'm rubber Hurricane 3 game for 10 years. I played different versions. You ask the question will be happy to help you. It is very important rubber NEO is very easy to play a plastic ball. this is the best version of the rubber Hurricane 3 I'm talking about the release of a rubber factory in 2016.
Sorry for bad english.

Last edited: