My experience with Copydex

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Well I just checked and the exact label is "new improved formulation". I found this one to be much easier to peel off the rubber afterwards. Otherwise, both formulations work fine but I tend to prefer the "new improved formulation" ones now.

It doesn't say anything like that on my bottle. When searching for imagines on the internet, I can only find the 50ml tubes and the 125ml square bottles with 'new improved formulation' on them. You happen to have one of those?

This user has no status.
It doesn't say anything like that on my bottle. When searching for imagines on the internet, I can only find the 50ml tubes and the 125ml square bottles with 'new improved formulation' on them. You happen to have one of those?

Yes you're right, mine's a 125ml. My previous bottle was a 250ml (I suppose same as yours) and when I switched between it and another 125ml "new formulation" bottle, difference was really noticeable (tested with both an old 125ml "new formulation" bottle and a one I had just bought).

Anyway, as long as what you have works for you, that's the most important :)

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
copydex_safety_sheet_2007.jpg

Copydex Latex Water Glue. New formulation available since 2006.
Improved formula with Methanol 0.1% added to the adhesive composition.

Do avoid massive inhalation of the Copydex fumes when doing glue works.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
copydex_safety_sheet_2007.jpg

Copydex Latex Glue. New Formulation available since 2006.
Improved glue formula with Methanole 0.1% added.

Do avoid massive inhalation of the Copydex fumes in doing glue works.

And be very cautious when inhaling in an environment serving drinks of the alkyholish persuasion too. Even nonalcolholic beer and fresh fruit juice might exceed that methanol percentage, not to mention your average beers, wines, cocktails and licquors.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Personally, I've only varnished 2 blades out of the 30+ I own and I found that the varnish makes it quite a bit harder for water-based glue to stick to it (it can also change the properties of the blade slightly). With no varnish and water-based glue, one layer on the blade and 2 layers on the rubber should suffice, and the glue is so gentle that removing it is easy and I've never had problem with any of my blades getting damaged.