Just curious how many Penholders are on TTD?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The guy in red, can flick a short game. The funny thing is, his flick may come as top spin or back spin.

Still remember years ago when bh flick just started to become popular, a former prov team mate of Kong Linghui and junior head coach of Heilongjiang prov told me that BH flick, if mastered correctly, you can flick a top spin and a backspin ball.

Of course at that time, we understood top and side, but couldn't understand back. And now BH flick is every where.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Here I have heard someones saying there are 16 different terms in Chinese for the techniques dealing with short balls, but there is only one term in English for all of them 'Push', or may be more like 'push short' 'push long'.
I said that. There are 16 different techniques for TPB.

This article talks about 8 of them. Sorry all in Chinese but some gif

6329C805%209C2A%204D2E%20A798%2075A03255942B%20png.png

Reactions: Lycanthrope
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
not sure what is short touch. But the second video is about side chopping.

Thanks those are good videos but I was looking more about regular underspin push like in short return of serve.

This one here is pretty good but I wonder if there are more videos like that.

https://youtu.be/IvO-0md6vhU

Do you generally want to do a push more like a "stab" with the tip of the bat than more towards the side like in a shakehand forehand push?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

Thanks those are good videos but I was looking more about regular underspin push like in short return of serve.

This one here is pretty good but I wonder if there are more videos like that.

https://youtu.be/IvO-0md6vhU

Do you generally want to do a push more like a "stab" with the tip of the bat than more towards the side like in a shakehand forehand push?

I do more shakehand style, you can chop the ball more this way. You can also vary what you want on the ball,
no spin, side spin, etc.

the poke style of push can be used if the ball comes to the middle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hello PHers!

Long time since I've last posted. Awesome this thread is still active, mainly held up by SFF_lib! Thank you! PH4eva! LOL at me!! Sorry TTMonster!

UPDATE: my club, a NYC Dept of Parks recreation center is finally closing for renovation. May be closed for 2 or 3 years. Have thought of giving up TT until it reopens but recently a friend/brother from my old 1980s TT crew said he started playing again in NYC's Chinatown Columbus Park on a stone/slate table with a metal net. These tables are available throughout NYC parks. Upside, it is free. Downside, uneven table because of the ground, passersby, wind, pigeon poop lol, etc.

He also bought a cybershape PH racket from China. Knockoff perhaps of the Stiga cybershape SH? Stiga doesn't offer a Cybershape in PH (yet). hit with it for a a few minutes. Not used to it. have to read up on why the cybershape and not traditional oval.

My friend also bought a DHS Wang Hao 5006c. He says it 5 ply including 2 carbon layers. Came with 2 Hurricane III rubbers. All for $100. Before I found out that my club was closing for renovation, i was going to get the Hurricane Hao 3, 5 ply with 1 carbon ply in the middle. Said to be the same as Wang Hao used. Wanted to channel WH in my pathetic RPB play lol

Will try out the 5006c tomorrow. Currently play with an old 1980's beaten up Butterfly Taksim carbon blade. Still has some 'kick' to it.

Although changing equipment doesn't solve the underlying lack of technique issue, sometimes i get the EJ/Equipment Junkie mood. May still get the HH3 or may just get the 5006c.

In the past on the recommendation of suds79, got a Gambler carbon blade. To be fair, i didn't use it that much. Should really stick to it for a few months before getting any new blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
He used to be in the Chinese national team

At first I didn't see what he did when he served down the line. Thought it nothing special. When i saw the slowmo, then I realized how he was serving.

I vaguely recall chat either on this thread or the DTTCC thread about RPB serves. I haven't mastered my FH pendulum serves yet LOL however, will try a few times these RPB serves.

Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hello PHers!

Long time since I've last posted. Awesome this thread is still active, mainly held up by SFF_lib! Thank you! PH4eva! LOL at me!! Sorry TTMonster!

UPDATE: my club, a NYC Dept of Parks recreation center is finally closing for renovation. May be closed for 2 or 3 years. Have thought of giving up TT until it reopens but recently a friend/brother from my old 1980s TT crew said he started playing again in NYC's Chinatown Columbus Park on a stone/slate table with a metal net. These tables are available throughout NYC parks. Upside, it is free. Downside, uneven table because of the ground, passersby, wind, pigeon poop lol, etc.

He also bought a cybershape PH racket from China. Knockoff perhaps of the Stiga cybershape SH? Stiga doesn't offer a Cybershape in PH (yet). hit with it for a a few minutes. Not used to it. have to read up on why the cybershape and not traditional oval.

My friend also bought a DHS Wang Hao 5006c. He says it 5 ply including 2 carbon layers. Came with 2 Hurricane III rubbers. All for $100. Before I found out that my club was closing for renovation, i was going to get the Hurricane Hao 3, 5 ply with 1 carbon ply in the middle. Said to be the same as Wang Hao used. Wanted to channel WH in my pathetic RPB play lol

Will try out the 5006c tomorrow. Currently play with an old 1980's beaten up Butterfly Taksim carbon blade. Still has some 'kick' to it.

Although changing equipment doesn't solve the underlying lack of technique issue, sometimes i get the EJ/Equipment Junkie mood. May still get the HH3 or may just get the 5006c.

In the past on the recommendation of suds79, got a Gambler carbon blade. To be fair, i didn't use it that much. Should really stick to it for a few months before getting any new blades.
Stiga DOES offer the cybershape in penhold. My friend uses one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello PHers!

Stiga cybershape in penhold. See video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
LOL at me and my friend, he didn't know! So maybe he has a legit Cybershape PH, will ask him to double-check and will send the YouTube link to him.

Thank you Rico, SFF and Tony!

And 6 sided JPen?!!?!?! WOW!

I haven't been following TT lately - LOL at me! My friend said they now allow rubber colors outside of what used to be black or red only.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
LOL at me and my friend, he didn't know! So maybe he has a legit Cybershape PH, will ask him to double-check and will send the YouTube link to him.

Thank you Rico, SFF and Tony!

And 6 sided JPen?!!?!?! WOW!

I haven't been following TT lately - LOL at me! My friend said they now allow rubber colors outside of what used to be black or red only.

That is correct
1 side is black
other side can be 1 of red, pink, purple, blue, green