Back to Forum
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1334
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 30 84
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 84 30
    UPDATE: nevermind, it seems that i cant rly abandon fastarc g1 at all 😐

the loops are not what i want but its just too sweet in every other aspects of the game to give it up for real

but as much as i dislike the feeling of fastarc when i loop, i can still do a decent loop with it anyway, just maybe a change in play style (less mindless powerlooping and more methodical slow topspins to set up for the killing blow)

all in all, as much as i dislike the fastarc g1, i keep coming back to it

The Following User Likes netdriver's Post:

OldschoolPenholder

This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 12
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 2
    hello guys, I'm a 2 wings looper cpen penholder. Glad to see a thread for penholders

The Following 2 Users Like Lê Hoàng Long's Post:

OldschoolPenholder and SFF_lib

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 961 1,559
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,559 961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lê Hoàng Long
    hello guys, I'm a 2 wings looper cpen penholder. Glad to see a thread for penholders

Welcome!!

The Following User Likes SFF_lib's Post:

OldschoolPenholder

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

He used to be in the Chinese national team

The Following 3 Users Like SFF_lib's Post:

latej, Lê Hoàng Long and 1 other

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 88 263
    A
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 263 88

Just curious how many Penholders are on TTD?

Pretty cool variations! I wonder how much of the week he dedicated to serve training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Likes alas26's Post:

OldschoolPenholder

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

The guy in red, can flick a short game. The funny thing is, his flick may come as top spin or back spin.

OldschoolPenholder

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,615 3,876
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,876 2,615

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib

The guy in red, can flick a short game. The funny thing is, his flick may come as top spin or back spin.

Still remember years ago when bh flick just started to become popular, a former prov team mate of Kong Linghui and junior head coach of Heilongjiang prov told me that BH flick, if mastered correctly, you can flick a top spin and a backspin ball.

Of course at that time, we understood top and side, but couldn't understand back. And now BH flick is every where.

The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

OldschoolPenholder

TTT

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 145 343
    D
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 343 145

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Are there any good videos about penhold push and "short touch"?

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominikk85
    Are there any good videos about penhold push and "short touch"?

not sure what is short touch. But the second video is about side chopping.

OldschoolPenholder

This user has no status.

D
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    the ti long channel called short returb short touch, not sure if that is the right English term

says From RPB to SH

Established TTD Member 90 142
    L
    says From RPB to SH

Established TTD Member 142 90
    Here I have heard someones saying there are 16 different terms in Chinese for the techniques dealing with short balls, but there is only one term in English for all of them 'Push', or may be more like 'push short' 'push long'.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope
    Here I have heard someones saying there are 16 different terms in Chinese for the techniques dealing with short balls, but there is only one term in English for all of them 'Push', or may be more like 'push short' 'push long'.
    I said that. There are 16 different techniques for TPB.

This article talks about 8 of them. Sorry all in Chinese but some gif

Lycanthrope

This user has no status.

D
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews

not sure what is short touch. But the second video is about side chopping.

Thanks those are good videos but I was looking more about regular underspin push like in short return of serve.

This one here is pretty good but I wonder if there are more videos like that.

https://youtu.be/IvO-0md6vhU

Do you generally want to do a push more like a "stab" with the tip of the bat than more towards the side like in a shakehand forehand push?

says it's about technique

Advanced TTD Member 83 329

Advanced TTD Member 329 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominikk85

Thanks those are good videos but I was looking more about regular underspin push like in short return of serve.

This one here is pretty good but I wonder if there are more videos like that.

https://youtu.be/IvO-0md6vhU

Do you generally want to do a push more like a "stab" with the tip of the bat than more towards the side like in a shakehand forehand push?

I do more shakehand style, you can chop the ball more this way. You can also vary what you want on the ball,
    no spin, side spin, etc.

the poke style of push can be used if the ball comes to the middle.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,743 1,810
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,810 2,743
    Hello PHers!

Long time since I've last posted. Awesome this thread is still active, mainly held up by SFF_lib! Thank you! PH4eva! LOL at me!! Sorry TTMonster!

UPDATE: my club, a NYC Dept of Parks recreation center is finally closing for renovation. May be closed for 2 or 3 years. Have thought of giving up TT until it reopens but recently a friend/brother from my old 1980s TT crew said he started playing again in NYC's Chinatown Columbus Park on a stone/slate table with a metal net. These tables are available throughout NYC parks. Upside, it is free. Downside, uneven table because of the ground, passersby, wind, pigeon poop lol, etc.

He also bought a cybershape PH racket from China. Knockoff perhaps of the Stiga cybershape SH? Stiga doesn't offer a Cybershape in PH (yet). hit with it for a a few minutes. Not used to it. have to read up on why the cybershape and not traditional oval.

My friend also bought a DHS Wang Hao 5006c. He says it 5 ply including 2 carbon layers. Came with 2 Hurricane III rubbers. All for $100. Before I found out that my club was closing for renovation, i was going to get the Hurricane Hao 3, 5 ply with 1 carbon ply in the middle. Said to be the same as Wang Hao used. Wanted to channel WH in my pathetic RPB play lol

Will try out the 5006c tomorrow. Currently play with an old 1980's beaten up Butterfly Taksim carbon blade. Still has some 'kick' to it.

Although changing equipment doesn't solve the underlying lack of technique issue, sometimes i get the EJ/Equipment Junkie mood. May still get the HH3 or may just get the 5006c.

In the past on the recommendation of suds79, got a Gambler carbon blade. To be fair, i didn't use it that much. Should really stick to it for a few months before getting any new blades.
    New mantra: I should rather return one more ball and maybe get killed than kill myself and not make the shot.

--------------------------------------
    https://vimeo.com/user56649342
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClR...u057SJTKL4O9Og

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

He used to be in the Chinese national team

At first I didn't see what he did when he served down the line. Thought it nothing special. When i saw the slowmo, then I realized how he was serving.

I vaguely recall chat either on this thread or the DTTCC thread about RPB serves. I haven't mastered my FH pendulum serves yet LOL however, will try a few times these RPB serves.

Thank you!

New mantra: I should rather return one more ball and maybe get killed than kill myself and not make the shot.

Advanced TTD Member 83 329

Advanced TTD Member 329 83
    Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolPenholder
    Hello PHers!

Long time since I've last posted. Awesome this thread is still active, mainly held up by SFF_lib! Thank you! PH4eva! LOL at me!! Sorry TTMonster!

UPDATE: my club, a NYC Dept of Parks recreation center is finally closing for renovation. May be closed for 2 or 3 years. Have thought of giving up TT until it reopens but recently a friend/brother from my old 1980s TT crew said he started playing again in NYC's Chinatown Columbus Park on a stone/slate table with a metal net. These tables are available throughout NYC parks. Upside, it is free. Downside, uneven table because of the ground, passersby, wind, pigeon poop lol, etc.

He also bought a cybershape PH racket from China. Knockoff perhaps of the Stiga cybershape SH? Stiga doesn't offer a Cybershape in PH (yet). hit with it for a a few minutes. Not used to it. have to read up on why the cybershape and not traditional oval.

My friend also bought a DHS Wang Hao 5006c. He says it 5 ply including 2 carbon layers. Came with 2 Hurricane III rubbers. All for $100. Before I found out that my club was closing for renovation, i was going to get the Hurricane Hao 3, 5 ply with 1 carbon ply in the middle. Said to be the same as Wang Hao used. Wanted to channel WH in my pathetic RPB play lol

Will try out the 5006c tomorrow. Currently play with an old 1980's beaten up Butterfly Taksim carbon blade. Still has some 'kick' to it.

Although changing equipment doesn't solve the underlying lack of technique issue, sometimes i get the EJ/Equipment Junkie mood. May still get the HH3 or may just get the 5006c.

In the past on the recommendation of suds79, got a Gambler carbon blade. To be fair, i didn't use it that much. Should really stick to it for a few months before getting any new blades.
    Stiga DOES offer the cybershape in penhold. My friend uses one.

The Following User Likes ricospin's Post:

OldschoolPenholder

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolPenholder
    Hello PHers!

Stiga cybershape in penhold. See video

OldschoolPenholder

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,615 3,876
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,876 2,615

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews
    Stiga Cybershape do have Cpen options.
    But there is no stock for the world (Even SH is limited for the world, with a handful of country getting stock)
    All CP went to China.

However, knockoffs, there are tons of knockoffs, include 6 sided Jpen blades.

The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

OldschoolPenholder

TTT

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

LOL at me and my friend, he didn't know! So maybe he has a legit Cybershape PH, will ask him to double-check and will send the YouTube link to him.

Thank you Rico, SFF and Tony!

And 6 sided JPen?!!?!?! WOW!

I haven't been following TT lately - LOL at me! My friend said they now allow rubber colors outside of what used to be black or red only.