Back to Forum
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,247 of 1247
  1. OldschoolPenholder is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,726 1,784
    OldschoolPenholder's Avatar
    OldschoolPenholder is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,784 2,726
    #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by Flathitter
    Hi everyone! I thinking about completely changing my style and going Jpen. I have been using a grip that was unorthodox, thumb on the back of the paddle. I want to get to 1500-1600 USATT, and I’m about 1100 right now. Thanks

    Belated welcome to the thread Flathitter!First time I've heard of a PH grip with thumb on the back! Will you continue with that grip when you switch to JPen?What aspects of the game does your grip help, if any?? What aspects of your game does it hurt, if any? Have you tried other grips before?

    Last edited by OldschoolPenholder; 4 Days Ago at 05:50 PM.
    New mantra: I should rather return one more ball and maybe get killed than kill myself and not make the shot.

    --------------------------------------
    https://vimeo.com/user56649342
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClR...u057SJTKL4O9Og

  2. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 890 1,377
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,377 890
    #1242
    Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolPenholder

    Great match, dynamic CPEN! Thank you for the video!

    Interesting on his grip. Watching at work, meaning I should not be watching LOL, it seems his grip has somewhat extended fingers. At 1:52 we see his grip. He RPBs occasionally and lots of TPB. Wonder if he switches grip for TPB. I for one could NOT TPB with the extended fingers grip.

    My friend at club plays like him. His 3 fingers spread out on the back side.

    The TPB uses a lot of forearm swing just like SH. Mostly hitting, no brushing. That’s why the bh push is so powerful.

    This old guy used to be in the CNT. At this age his BH is still as powerful as many SH young players.

    The Following User Likes SFF_lib's Post:

    OldschoolPenholder


  3. OldschoolPenholder is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,726 1,784
    OldschoolPenholder's Avatar
    OldschoolPenholder is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,784 2,726
    #1243
    Quote Originally Posted by SFF_lib
    My friend at club plays like him. His 3 fingers spread out on the back side.

    The TPB uses a lot of forearm swing just like SH. Mostly hitting, no brushing. That’s why the bh push is so powerful.

    This old guy used to be in the CNT. At this age his BH is still as powerful as many SH young players.

    Perhaps the extended fingers grip is awkward for me because my TPB "punch" (i learnt it being called "push-block" as in pushing something and not TT pushing which the downspin short game) was taught with the thumb doing like snapping your fingers motion. The thumb "snapping" angles the racket down. And it sounds like your "forearm swing just like SH" is a little different than what i was taught. My punch was a piston-like forward motion of my forearm.

    I am at work and cannot find a video to describe what i wrote. Perhaps we are talking about the same motions?

    Wow at this old buy being former CNT! Don't recall seeing his name, or at least in English. Do you know it? Thank you in advance if you do.

    p.s. I have old man memory, and haven't been on here maybe 2 years. Did you switch from PH to SH? Vaguely recall that you mentioned that earlier in the thread. If so, how is your SH compared to your PH? And if i am wrong, my apologies!

    Last edited by OldschoolPenholder; 4 Days Ago at 10:00 PM.
    New mantra: I should rather return one more ball and maybe get killed than kill myself and not make the shot.

    --------------------------------------
    https://vimeo.com/user56649342
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClR...u057SJTKL4O9Og

  4. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 890 1,377
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,377 890
    #1244
    Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolPenholder

    Perhaps the extended fingers grip is awkward for me because my TPB "punch" (i learnt it being called "push-block" as in pushing something and not TT pushing which the downspin short game) was taught with the thumb doing like snapping your fingers motion. The thumb "snapping" angles the racket down. And it sounds like your "forearm swing just like SH" is a little different than what i was taught. My punch was a piston-like forward motion of my forearm.

    I am at work and cannot find a video to describe what i wrote. Perhaps we are talking about the same motions?

    Wow at this old buy being former CNT! Don't recall seeing his name, or at least in English. Do you know it? Thank you in advance if you do.

    p.s. I have old man memory, and haven't been on here maybe 2 years. Did you switch from PH to SH? Vaguely recall that you mentioned that earlier in the thread. If so, how is your SH compared to your PH? And if i am wrong, my apologies!

    Yeah I am playing SH w968 now. My index finger got injured too often while playing PH. I still play PH for fun. I can't play two sided anymore as my fingers aren't strong enough and get injured all the time.

    When I found this match I was surprised by his powerful BH push. I would like to practice his type of penhold BH push with my Jpen which is nice and fast.

    The Following User Likes SFF_lib's Post:

    OldschoolPenholder


  5. Chewy is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 12 39
    C
    Chewy is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 39 12

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2018
    Thailand
    39
    12
    144
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1245
    Hello fellow penholders! How are all of you doing?

    Currently got back to T.T. and back to one sided chinese penhold (My comfort zone).
    Was on JPEN but felt that it was too demanding, and RPB feels awkward no matter how long & hard I train. 😄

    Wanted to ask, do you all sometimes feel frustrated with inconsistencies with handle sizes?
    ie. The Harimoto's innerforce (are comfortable for me) but the innerforce layer series ones are a little smaller?
    Stiga's Carbonados a little more sqaure while the Intensity (Comfortable for me) are slightly more rounded?
    I like the Yasaka YEO J.T.T.A. versions too.

    Anyone know what handle types are the Penhold Cybershapes similar to?

  6. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 890 1,377
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,377 890
    #1246
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy
    Hello fellow penholders! How are all of you doing?

    Currently got back to T.T. and back to one sided chinese penhold (My comfort zone).
    Was on JPEN but felt that it was too demanding, and RPB feels awkward no matter how long & hard I train.

    Wanted to ask, do you all sometimes feel frustrated with inconsistencies with handle sizes?
    ie. The Harimoto's innerforce (are comfortable for me) but the innerforce layer series ones are a little smaller?
    Stiga's Carbonados a little more sqaure while the Intensity (Comfortable for me) are slightly more rounded?
    I like the Yasaka YEO J.T.T.A. versions too.

    Anyone know what handle types are the Penhold Cybershapes similar to?
    Take a look this guy

    https://youtu.be/hMGJCctFoyk

  7. Chewy is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 12 39
    C
    Chewy is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 39 12

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2018
    Thailand
    39
    12
    144
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1247

    Thank you SFF. This looks more like a Carbonado type of handle.
    Video owner mentioned it's a little faster than the Dynasty Carbon. :O

    Sounds like too fast for me. Will wait for one of our Penholder reviews!


Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.