Just curious how many Penholders are on TTD?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Wow expensive blade. I have heard a lot of good words about Hao 3. TG3 is a great rubber. Bear in mind the "Neo" only gives a little bit of booster effect. Therefore the sponge can still feels quite dead and hard.

I do at least 3 layers of oil booster to my Neo Hurricane.

Just see how it goes.

ye, i know about commercial dhs stuff and i think its just bullshit :(( i played with tg2neo , good tacky rubber ,i did boost it with haifu and lidu, but i really like it only with speedglue. tg3 i think even worse( no idea why i bought a new sheet. i will play with it for some time, but next is definetly a tenergy05 for me

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Got my new toy :)
fa910f5cb0bab7a1e8ec86e086cc953b.jpg

Ordered along with Mizuno Wave drive 7.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks. I still enjoy 5 ply blades only, haven't find a 7ply with that feel of the ball yet.

I have Nittaku septear a 7-ply hinoki. I say it's slower than some hard 5-ply. It's soft and give you some ball feel. It's hinoki a very soft wood so they have to make 7-ply.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

I kinda think carbon and 7-ply is bad for RPB penhold. they're either too thick, too heavy or too stiff. There are loads of five ply all wood blades that are fast enough: Hao II, MEO, Stiga intensity, Stiga Eternity, Stiga infinity, Stiga Rosewood V, Nittaku Acoustic etc. That being said, the septear is a pretty awesome penhold blade. It's not that thick or heavy. has some flex and lovely hinoki feel. IMO nittaku makes the best PH blades. A violin is the dream.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I kinda think carbon and 7-ply is bad for RPB penhold. they're either too thick, too heavy or too stiff. There are loads of five ply all wood blades that are fast enough: Hao II, MEO, Stiga intensity, Stiga Eternity, Stiga infinity, Stiga Rosewood V, Nittaku Acoustic etc. That being said, the septear is a pretty awesome penhold blade. It's not that thick or heavy. has some flex and lovely hinoki feel. IMO nittaku makes the best PH blades. A violin is the dream.
wow..Based on your and Seff's advice...I think mine next would be septear too. Thanks guys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
been looking at xiom athena. but couldnt find it anywhere.
whats the thinnest one ply does darker have?
Darker has discontinued most of its single ply, they are hard to find now. The thinnest i have seen is 9mm. I have a cpen speed 90 at 9mm. Better feel than my 10mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Is it true that Hinoki blades break easily (comparitively)

None of mine broke. It depends on how you use it. In my club an old player is still using his decade old hinoki.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk