Balls for training

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If I actually thought you really spun the ball heavy, I would say something because, the difference between the 40mm C-ball and the 40+ P-ball is really only bothersome if you spin the ball heavy.

And if you spin the ball heavy then the ball that is harder to work with is the P-ball.

So, go for celluloid. And I agree, why not get decent 3 star C-balls if you are going to get them. They definitely play noticeably better. Therefore it will be worth it for you to get the 3 star C-balls.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
If I actually thought you really spun the ball heavy, I would say something because, the difference between the 40mm C-ball and the 40+ P-ball is really only bothersome if you spin the ball heavy.

And if you spin the ball heavy then the ball that is harder to work with is the P-ball.

So, go for celluloid. And I agree, why not get decent 3 star C-balls if you are going to get them. They definitely play noticeably better. Therefore it will be worth it for you to get the 3 star C-balls.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

That was my plan, and in near future i can add some P-balls too, not necessary to buy so big quantity, the coach told me why not go with 50 balls as starer, no need to have 100+ balls, and i can easily collect the balls once they are done, and also told me i can easily buy more if needed when i can afford it, was a good idea from him, and i agree that to have spin heavy C-ball has a noticeable spin over P-Ball.

At the end, the ball isn't my main focus, maybe i shouldn't think much about balls as much i should worry about my movement or footwork and my body positions for each stroke, doesn't matter which ball, if my things wrong it will be wrong with any ball even an iron ball or sand ball, i was just worrying if training/practicing with different balls may give different results, that's all.

Also, even if i practice at home with whatever balls, i do go out and play with people, sometimes they use p-balls and some of them still go with c-balls, so i am adjusted with both and i said that i have both too and different brands, but i do play more with DHS 3 star Cball and XSF 3 star Pball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That was my plan, and in near future i can add some P-balls too, not necessary to buy so big quantity, the coach told me why not go with 50 balls as starer, no need to have 100+ balls, and i can easily collect the balls once they are done, and also told me i can easily buy more if needed when i can afford it, was a good idea from him, and i agree that to have spin heavy C-ball has a noticeable spin over P-Ball.

At the end, the ball isn't my main focus, maybe i shouldn't think much about balls as much i should worry about my movement or footwork and my body positions for each stroke, doesn't matter which ball, if my things wrong it will be wrong with any ball even an iron ball or sand ball, i was just worrying if training/practicing with different balls may give different results, that's all.

Also, even if i practice at home with whatever balls, i do go out and play with people, sometimes they use p-balls and some of them still go with c-balls, so i am adjusted with both and i said that i have both too and different brands, but i do play more with DHS 3 star Cball and XSF 3 star Pball.

Cball is no longer in production, what ever is left in the market, is it.
So this is a short term plan

Ideally I would say one needs 300 balls for training.
Multiball or service training, 300 balls is ideal.

If you have a good blocker, than 3 to 6 balls is enough. But otherwise, get 300 balls and can get quality and quantity up there.
Spend more time hitting the ball, less time picking it up.
You can count how many years of your life you wasted picking up balls when you hit 80 years old :)
Thank me for saving you many years :)

This user has no status.
Cball is no longer in production, what ever is left in the market, is it.
So this is a short term plan

Ideally I would say one needs 300 balls for training.
Multiball or service training, 300 balls is ideal.

If you have a good blocker, than 3 to 6 balls is enough. But otherwise, get 300 balls and can get quality and quantity up there.
Spend more time hitting the ball, less time picking it up.
You can count how many years of your life you wasted picking up balls when you hit 80 years old :)
Thank me for saving you many years :)

The only way soon for me to get more than 100+ or say 300 balls is to go with Cballs, no matter how old they are or how long they are gone from production it doesn't matter, for now i am not planning to afford more than 100 balls of Pball, and you have a valid point also about picking the balls.

Really need time to decide anything, sounds Pball is the way to go, so if i will buy a quantity in this case i have to wait longer and start to save money for Pball for training in quantity, not sure until that time i can get them what i will miss or waste time in my life not starting yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The only way soon for me to get more than 100+ or say 300 balls is to go with Cballs, no matter how old they are or how long they are gone from production it doesn't matter, for now i am not planning to afford more than 100 balls of Pball, and you have a valid point also about picking the balls.

Really need time to decide anything, sounds Pball is the way to go, so if i will buy a quantity in this case i have to wait longer and start to save money for Pball for training in quantity, not sure until that time i can get them what i will miss or waste time in my life not starting yet.

I think let me try and rephrase in more details
If you want C ball - go and buy it today, as maybe they won't sell it tomorrow!!! go now and buy!!! hurry up, there is no more stock coming in!! go go go

option2
If you are thinking long term, what happens when you run low of 300 Cball, you will top it up with P Ball, so your box will be half C and half P

Good luck with your purchase

This user has no status.
I think let me try and rephrase in more details
If you want C ball - go and buy it today, as maybe they won't sell it tomorrow!!! go now and buy!!! hurry up, there is no more stock coming in!! go go go

option2
If you are thinking long term, what happens when you run low of 300 Cball, you will top it up with P Ball, so your box will be half C and half P

Good luck with your purchase

I mean, i can buy Cballs now at good prices, and wait longer, maybe some or most Pballs will get cheaper months after months or years after years, i just started or say getting back to TT last year and that Pball aren't so spread out much in my country or worldwide, so i feel they are still new and need time to have good price reduced in the future.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Anyone tried the Kinson 2* ball? I have some 1* Kinson balls and I think they are quite decent, and the 2* are only 30$ for 72. Thinking of buying a box... I mean my club mostly plays with 1* stiga 40+ balls right now and I can't see my Kinson being worse. They don't break as often at least.

This user has no status.
Anyone tried the Kinson 2* ball? I have some 1* Kinson balls and I think they are quite decent, and the 2* are only 30$ for 72. Thinking of buying a box... I mean my club mostly plays with 1* stiga 40+ balls right now and I can't see my Kinson being worse. They don't break as often at least.

I really hope to see more of that 2* 40+ balls, at least if i can't afford some of decent 3* 40+ then at least 2* is cheaper, and it should be better than 1* anyway, but for me i can always just wait longer because i already have so many balls of 40mm old one and i already bought DHS 1* D40+ balls [100] which will be in use for a while, once i break or damage most of those then i will be ready for any new 40+ balls.

This user has no status.
I will keep my eyes on reviews about Donic coach and XSF and Schildkrot 1* 40+balls, they are the cheapest i found with 120 balls, at the end they will not break right in first day, and once i lose most of them i can simply buy them again later at that cheaper price of them.

Also there is Nittaku J-Top training balls, sounds new, but not sure how good they are, but i have a feeling that for not that hard training any ball can last longer, and i don't think i will find many defective non round balls amount them, so i may choose another one rather than the DHS and give it a shot.