Leaked players equipment from European Championships 2016

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I believe NextLevel is a fan of Emmanuel Lebesson after the Euros ;)

[CONSPIRACY MODE]

I think that after Lebesson won the championships, Tibhar decided to use the chance and show off to as many players as possible that he used Evolution rubbers, hence the "leak" :D

[/CONSPIRACY MODE]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I actually played only with number 69 David Jonsson and I even won one match from our 3 meetings :)
There is also a mistake, 129 Mikhailova Polina is NOT SVK!
And also there is a player from SVK not mentioned here who played there,
Valuch, Alexander, FH: Gewo XT50, BH Gewo Hype 47,5 and blade Nittaku Violin ;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I actually played only with number 69 David Jonsson and I even won one match from our 3 meetings :)
There is also a mistake, 129 Mikhailova Polina is NOT SVK!
And also there is a player from SVK not mentioned here who played there,
Valuch, Alexander, FH: Gewo XT50, BH Gewo Hype 47,5 and blade Nittaku Violin ;)

David is one of the original members of Korea Foreign... he liked Calibra LT Sound back then. If anyone visits the FB page in my sig, he is the player on the very far right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
=== Blades ===
Butterfly Mizutani ZLC, 7
Butterfly Viscaria, 7
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC, 6
Butterfly Maze Off, 5
Butterfly Timo Boll ZLF, 4
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, 4
Butterfly Timo Boll ZLC, 3
Butterfly Korbel Off, 3
Butterfly Liu Shiwen, 3
Butterfly Korbel SK7, 2
Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk, 2
Butterfly Petr Korbel Offensive, 2
Yasaka Extra Special, 2
Butterfly Innerforce ALC, 2
Stiga Rosewood NCT VII, 2
Butterfly Innerforce ZLF, 2
Joola Rossi Force, 2
Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC, 1
Butterfly Freitas ALC, 1
Butterfly AI Innerfiber ZL, 1
Tibhar White Sword, 1
Nittaku Adelie, 1
Donic Persson Powerspeed, 1
Cornilleau Gatien Absolum, 1
Nittaku KVU Def, 1
Stiga Clipper CC, 1
Donic Ovtcharov Original Senso Carbon, 1
Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC CS, 1
Donic Ovtcharov Senso, 1
Butterfly Innerforc ZLC, 1
Stiga NCT V, 1
Tibhar Stratus Samsonov Carbon, 1
Joola Rossi Allround, 1
Butterfly Keyshot light, 1
DHS Hurricane King 655, 1
Victas Matsushita, 1
Joola Rossi Emotion, 1
Stiga Carbonado 190, 1
Stiga Carbonado 45, 1
Tibhar Rapid Carbon, 1
Joola TPE Fight, 1
Butterfly A. Mazunov Off+, 1
Butterfly Hadraw SR, 1
Kosaka Carbon, 1
Butterfly Defence II, 1
Viscaria, 1
Andro Flaxonite, 1
Joola K7, 1
Tibhar Texo, 1
Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon, 1
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V, 1
Butterfly Gionis Carbon, 1
Butterfly Kong Linghui Off, 1
Tibhar Lebesson, 1
Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLC, 1
Victas Quartet AFC, 1
Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC, 1
Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon, 1
Stiga Defensive NCT, 1
Butterfly Matsushita Pro, 1

=== Rubbers ===
Butterfly Tenergy 05, 142
Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX, 22
Tibhar Evolution MX-P, 21
Butterfly Tenergy 64, 9
Joola Rhyzm-P, 8
Butterfly Tenergy 80, 8
Yasaka RakzaX, 4
Butterfly Feint Long II, 4
TSP Curl P1R, 4
Tenergy 05, 4
Tibhar Evolution EL-P, 3
Andro Rasant Grip, 3
Donic Acuda S1 Turbo, 3
Donic Bluefire M1, 3
Donic Bluefire M1 Turbo, 3
Butterfly Feint Long III, 3
DHS Hurricane III, 3
Yasaka Rising Dragon, 2
Xiom Omega V Asia, 2
Stiga Calibra LT, 2
Victas V > 15 Extra, 2
Joola Rhyzm, 2
Tibhar Evolution MX-S, 2
Tibhar Evolution FX-P, 2
Donic Bluefire M2, 2
Cornilleau Target Pro GT, 2
Cornilleau Target Ultim, 2
TSP Spectol, 2
Butterfly Flarestorm II, 2
Andro Rasant Power Grip, 2
Butterfly Tackiness-C, 1
Donic Acuda S2, 1
Butterfly Raystorm, 1
Stiga Royal, 1
Dr Neubauer Killer, 1
Tibhar Speedy Soft, 1
Stiga Airoc Astro M, 1
Tibhar Speedy Soft D. TecS, 1
Butterfly Challenger Attack, 1
Nittaku Fastarc P-1, 1
Yasaka Rakza PO, 1
Butterfly Tenerg 80 FX, 1
TSP Super Spinpips, 1
Joola X-Plode, 1
Butterfly Tenergy 64 FX, 1
Haifu Dolphin, 1
Andro Rasant, 1
Friendship R.I.T.C. 802, 1
Stiga Calibra LT Spin, 1
Yasaka Rakza 9, 1
Dr Neubauer Buffalo, 1
Tenergy 80 FX, 1

Last edited:
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
Very interesting to see.

Also interesting how many blades are not listed as if they couldn't tell what blade it was.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

I was shown some photographs of these blades, that are not specified. They are custom blades, where the handle has no sign or mark, yet it resembles the sponsor of the player. (Like Samsonov and Dyjas). But the handle is also custom and the blade itself is a very different manufacturer's product or some prototype stuff.
For example Dyjas played with two bats in the ETTC. One was someting like Waldner senso V1.. .that handle colour and pattern is recognisable from miles away, and his other blade was like a Waldner Dicon, but there was no hole in the side of the handle, no markings except that donic pattern, and the blade was composite, not all-wood.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So, I heared some stuff, that Donic used to pay BTY some money so the were making BTY tenergy rubbers with DONIC BLUEFIRE on it! This is probably still happening, but on EC Dima plays under BTY flag as German national team is sponsored by BTY. At regular tournaments Dima is under DONIC, therefore he uses DONIC like equipment.
That is how this works..
I also have been talking to few people playing on high level, all said same thing:
"I like my blade best, if my sponsor want me to change it, I can change the LOGO, but wont change the blade!"
Many players do have other blades than it looks like.

Also - about that huge Tenergy count, I heared that this is just a huuuge bubble and there are other (better) rubbers, just everyone seems to be blinded with this huge propaganda..
In fact the difference between the rubbers is soooo little..
Anyways I heared really good reviews at GEWO HYPE XT50 rubbers, also TIBHAR EVOLUTION or VICTAS V15 EXTRA.
Many pro players switch to these as they are pretty damn fast and grab the poly better than others..
Me personally I dont use tenergy, because I am not willing to pay 20 more for some rubber that may even not be better than what I already have ;)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've gotta say, for a long time I was looking for something as good as or better than Tenergy 05. Right now I am using MX-P and FX-P.

I just finished with a set of T05/T64 that, when I put them on they were slightly worn but sitting on a shelf for about 2 years.

When they were done and I felt they were worn out, they still were actually as good as my brand new MX-P and the throw on T05 was still considerably higher.

I am happy with MX-P/FX-P. And I can get it for half what T05 costs. But there is no way I am going to say it is as good as T05. I am comfortable with the fact that MX-P is darn good rubber. But that T05 is better for spinning the ball and looping. MX-P may be more of a drive rubber. And it has power. But it does not last half as long either.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This is why I tell people that the identified blades say more with certainty about the handle than they do about the blade. People could also move a handle onto another blade.

Btfly not surprisingly has the worst sponsorship agreements of any of the major brands from the players' perspective. So you can be pretty sure that the players with Btfly handles have not switched handles, since they would probably have a better deal if they used some other manufacturer's blade. The Drinkhall blade is already an almost perfect clone of Btfly ALC, so I doubt he needs to switch handles.

It is a bit surprising that Donic does not seem to have built for Ovtcharov a blade that he is perfectly happy with. I actually think the True Carbon is a great blade -- another Btfly ALC clone - but the blade he is using certainly doesn't look like that. He must not be using it. Same for Samsonov. He has about 600 Tibhar blades with his name on them, and still they can't build one that he likes? Odd. I have found this puzzling for a long time now.

As for the predominance of Tenergy, those player's livelihoods depend on their equipment, and they are better players than we are. I think they make their rubber choices pretty carefully, and are not "blinded by propaganda".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I've gotta say, for a long time I was looking for something as good as or better than Tenergy 05. Right now I am using MX-P and FX-P.

I just finished with a set of T05/T64 that, when I put them on they were slightly worn but sitting on a shelf for about 2 years.

When they were done and I felt they were worn out, they still were actually as good as my brand new MX-P and the throw on T05 was still considerably higher.

I am happy with MX-P/FX-P. And I can get it for half what T05 costs. But there is no way I am going to say it is as good as T05. I am comfortable with the fact that MX-P is darn good rubber. But that T05 is better for spinning the ball and looping. MX-P may be more of a drive rubber. And it has power. But it does not last half as long either.

Try GEWO HYPE XT50 ;)
Or the soft version XT40..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Btfly not surprisingly has the worst sponsorship agreements of any of the major brands from the players' perspective. So you can be pretty sure that the players with Btfly handles have not switched handles, since they would probably have a better deal if they used some other manufacturer's blade. The Drinkhall blade is already an almost perfect clone of Btfly ALC, so I doubt he needs to switch handles.

It is a bit surprising that Donic does not seem to have built for Ovtcharov a blade that he is perfectly happy with. I actually think the True Carbon is a great blade -- another Btfly ALC clone - but the blade he is using certainly doesn't look like that. He must not be using it. Same for Samsonov. He has about 600 Tibhar blades with his name on them, and still they can't build one that he likes? Odd. I have found this puzzling for a long time now.

As for the predominance of Tenergy, those player's livelihoods depend on their equipment, and they are better players than we are. I think they make their rubber choices pretty carefully, and are not "blinded by propaganda".

As qvolizz pointed out, changing handles is not only about sponsorship. It is also about what you like in your hand. I do agree it is a stretch to think that someone would put a butterfly handle on a non-butterfly blade.

The winners of the event used ESN rubbers - Cornilleau and Tibhar. It may not be propaganda, but there might be a conservatism amongst the pros that is no longer fully justifiable purely on performance.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
As qvolizz pointed out, changing handles is not only about sponsorship. It is also about what you like in your hand. I do agree it is a stretch to think that someone would put a butterfly handle on a non-butterfly blade.

The winners of the event used ESN rubbers - Cornilleau and Tibhar. It may not be propaganda, but there might be a conservatism amongst the pros that is no longer fully justifiable purely on performance.

I agree. I am a big proponent of the idea that handle shape matters.

I disagree with Carl about MX-P. I think on my blades it's just as good as T05. I would not have switched if I got T05 for free though.

And you are right about top. players being conservative. They have good reasons to be. Still I say again that the 2500ish T05 players always say they could be happy with MX-P after they try my blade. 2500 Is very far from the level of a top pro but still this is worth noting.

I still don't get why Donic and Tibhar can't make blades that Dima and Vladi actually use. Especially since they sell some very good blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl