Acuda blue series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Hi everyone! if someone already have some experience with acuda blue p1/acuda blue p1 turbo, can some1 tell me , are those rubbers heavy like bluefire series ? because im thinking to switch from my bluefire m2 to acuda (cuz my setup is too heavy atm and this rubber isnt spinny and fast enough for me ). or better to get acuda s1 turbo ? and i also want a little bit softer rubber .
thanks for your time and answer's!
/peace

Reactions: Gjayesh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
According to this site http://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/ the Acuda blue P1 Turbo is about as heavy as the Bluefire M2. The Acuda Blue P1, P2 and P3 should all be lighter than an M2.
When it comes to softness the P1 Turbo should be harder while the regular P1 is about as hard as an M2 and the P2 should be softer.
When it comes to how they perform I can't say anything useful since I haven't played them. However I would be very interested in hearing from people who played with it since I also thought about trying out the P1 or P2.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I've tried Jp-01 Turbo and Jp-03.
I wanted a rubber on my RPB (bh), that was not too heavy and not as soft as jp-03.
I believe Acuda p2 (and p3 for that matter) is lighter than all bluefire series. It's definitely a different top sheet. and the sponge does not have as extreme catapult as the upper gear of jp-01 Turbo. though obviously jp-02 wouldn't have that either... so I'm not sure how P1-Turbo for example would compare. But I've heard Acuda S series is known for being more linear in speed increase/decrease, and Acuda P series is just an upgrade more directed towards plastic ball. (spinwise)
The spin is after my judgment superior to bluefire, it's easy to use, and the top gear is more than enough.
I'm not sure how it compares to Acuda S1, but it is supposed to be a plastic ball upgrade, I'd recommend reading on tabletennisdb as they often compare these types of rubbers on the different bluefire/acuda rubbers.
My point is, Acuda Blue is highly recommended from my side!
If you're looking for Spinney, lightweighted, and maximum control at good speedlevels!

Reactions: Gjayesh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I've tried Jp-01 Turbo and Jp-03.
I wanted a rubber on my RPB (bh), that was not too heavy and not as soft as jp-03.
I believe Acuda p2 (and p3 for that matter) is lighter than all bluefire series. It's definitely a different top sheet. and the sponge does not have as extreme catapult as the upper gear of jp-01 Turbo. though obviously jp-02 wouldn't have that either... so I'm not sure how P1-Turbo for example would compare. But I've heard Acuda S series is known for being more linear in speed increase/decrease, and Acuda P series is just an upgrade more directed towards plastic ball. (spinwise)
The spin is after my judgment superior to bluefire, it's easy to use, and the top gear is more than enough.
I'm not sure how it compares to Acuda S1, but it is supposed to be a plastic ball upgrade, I'd recommend reading on tabletennisdb as they often compare these types of rubbers on the different bluefire/acuda rubbers.
My point is, Acuda Blue is highly recommended from my side!
If you're looking for Spinney, lightweighted, and maximum control at good speedlevels!

Any chance you could tell me your review of the JP01 TURBO?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Thanks for your response baumschule, Kaizoku . Ye, ive read many reviews about acuda blue p series and not much comments about the weight, but many of them tell what those is not heavy compare to bluefire series.
Still thinking what rubber to get , acuda blue p1 or acuda s1 turbo for my backhand (RPB side). :confused:

peace.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I've used all 4 of the Acuda Blues. On P1, P2 and P3, the topsheet is very soft - one of the softest ESN topsheets I've ever used. You get a great sense of the rubber grabbing the ball, so no slippy feel with plastic. But the trade-off is you lose a bit of sharp response and elasticity - these rubbers aren't bouncy, the arc is medium-low, the spin is good but not exceptional, and a brushy stroke is hard work (if that applies). For a conventional topspin/drive/block game they work well.

P1 Turbo has a different topsheet - still quite soft, but different pip geometry gives it a firmer feel with more snap. Spin is better and the low-end speed is faster. Arc is still below average but the speed is high while being very linear. I really liked P1 Turbo as a BH rubber, but I prefer softer sponges on that side so I switched it out in the end. Quite fast with good spin and very easy to use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I've used all 4 of the Acuda Blues. On P1, P2 and P3, the topsheet is very soft - one of the softest ESN topsheets I've ever used. You get a great sense of the rubber grabbing the ball, so no slippy feel with plastic. But the trade-off is you lose a bit of sharp response and elasticity - these rubbers aren't bouncy, the arc is medium-low, the spin is good but not exceptional, and a brushy stroke is hard work (if that applies). For a conventional topspin/drive/block game they work well.

P1 Turbo has a different topsheet - still quite soft, but different pip geometry gives it a firmer feel with more snap. Spin is better and the low-end speed is faster. Arc is still below average but the speed is high while being very linear. I really liked P1 Turbo as a BH rubber, but I prefer softer sponges on that side so I switched it out in the end. Quite fast with good spin and very easy to use.

Andy, Can you tell me the speed, spin and throw angle comparisons between JP01 TURBO and EVOLUTION MX-S please?

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/9575-bluefire-jp-01-turbo

"kaizoku"

Also, fcvvy, I would guess P1 is slightly easier to control than S1 Turbo, and for me I never liked the turbo (M1-Turbo or Jp-01 Turbo) for my bh, that was horrible for me. Though might work for you.
Since P1 has a softer topsheet, I would recommend going for that. Though it's still harder than P2... which I think is enough for me. And S1-Turbo would be even harder. But your call.

Also ridderz, considering I've used both Jp-01 Turbo AND Evolution MX-S (and MX-P) I can tell you what I think.
MX-S is a rubber designed for through strokes, you could think of it as having chinese rubber ideology, but Japanese topshet and sponge. (they feel very different, and MX-S is by no means tacky, but you get my picture). It has a soft topsheet and very hard sponge for the ball to sink in and make beast spin.
It do not have the catapult effect like MX-P but it's superior in spin if you get the right stroke. But I must warn you it will be weird/tricky adapting to that change. Much more than most other rubbers. But if it compliments your strategy/technique I'd say it's worth a shot.

The reason I brought up MX-P is because it's much more similar to Jp-01 Turbo than MX-S, despite MX-S having a harder sponge. MX-S is actually imo, more different to MX-P than Jp-01 Turbo.. Though I would probably rather use MX-S than Jp-01 Turbo, because the arc you get with MX-S is really beautiful.

Now I told you MX-P apart from MX-S, now from MX-P to Jp-01 Turbo, the main difference I would say is jp having more hard to control catapult effect on the top gear.While MX-P is fast but more linear on increase. MX-P also a tad more spinny. MX-P is more easy in counter top spin rallies...
Though Jp-01 Turbo is by all means also spinny. Jp-01 Turbo also has a pretty low throw angle. It's been a while since I played with it but I would put it between MX-S and MX-P, though probably close to MX-P. Pretty average tbh. Which I like.

Hope this helped.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
So, i finally get my BH rubber. And my new rubber is ... desto f1 . This rubber exactly what i need. Its kinda light, soft, pretty fast and spinny. surprised and happy about it. You should give it a try :rolleyes:

Last edited: