How to boost rubbers

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
Hi, there are many other great forums where most of these topics are discussed. I will not compare oils, I only tried one the Revolution BioBooster, which I liked, the effect was there for 4-6 weeks depending on the rubber, but in case of older (1 year) red sheets, they melted.

Most people apply booster with a paintbrush, but I use a sponge. If it is inbuilt use the sponge.

So most times people apply the oil to the sponge. There are methods and preferences about the exact amount. I usually use 5-7 drops of oil at a time. I apply it twice, 6-10 hours after the first layer, I give the second layer of oil. Then I wait untill it is completely dry or more (1-3 days or more). The rubbers will preform best after a 5-7 days.
In case of some rubbers I also oil the topsheet, because it restores some of the grip. I only 1 drop or less in case of softer topsheets. With more rigid topsheets like MX-P I give it 2-3 drops of oil, which makes the topsheet a bit bouncier and lively.
From what I have read falco is a good booster, seamoon also.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is Haifu Whale 2 , a good booster?

I am not sure your question is clear. Can you state it again? Do you mean Haifu Blue Whale II? That is a rubber, right? Are you asking if it is okay to boost it?

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, also, if it is glue and the glue has a speed glue effect, the difference is that the effect from a speed glue lasts for a very short amount of time: 12-48 hours. Whereas, a booster's effect will last for 3-8 weeks.

Speed glue has VOCs in them which expand the sponge but evaporate fairly fast, where as boosters are made from oils which don't evaporate the same way.

Usually there is the word booster in the title. Like "Haifu SeaMoon Booster", or "Falco Long Booster".

If you can use it to glue the rubbers on, it is something different than booster.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D and fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Fais is right. I also think Somdbasu was talking 'bout this here
hai-fu-speed-glue-blue-whale-ii-250ml.jpg
Whereas booster is rather something like this.
201608070804167785.jpg
Carl is right too. Speedglue Boost effect doesn't last very long. I knew guys who used to glue twice per evening and at tournaments before every single match...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi, there are many other great forums where most of these topics are discussed. I will not compare oils, I only tried one the Revolution BioBooster, which I liked, the effect was there for 4-6 weeks depending on the rubber, but in case of older (1 year) red sheets, they melted.

Most people apply booster with a paintbrush, but I use a sponge. If it is inbuilt use the sponge.

So most times people apply the oil to the sponge. There are methods and preferences about the exact amount. I usually use 5-7 drops of oil at a time. I apply it twice, 6-10 hours after the first layer, I give the second layer of oil. Then I wait untill it is completely dry or more (1-3 days or more). The rubbers will preform best after a 5-7 days.
In case of some rubbers I also oil the topsheet, because it restores some of the grip. I only 1 drop or less in case of softer topsheets. With more rigid topsheets like MX-P I give it 2-3 drops of oil, which makes the topsheet a bit bouncier and lively.
From what I have read falco is a good booster, seamoon also.

Melting appears even without boosting, if the rubber is sensitive to your sweat. I've heard a lot about melted Donic and Xiom rubbers, and my Vega Pro and Bluefire M1 also melted. It seems ESN (mostly red) topsheets are the most sensitive, tacky chinese and japanese ones are more durable. (MX-P topsheet is japanese, i'm right?)

This user has no status.
Melting appears even without boosting, if the rubber is sensitive to your sweat. I've heard a lot about melted Donic and Xiom rubbers, and my Vega Pro and Bluefire M1 also melted. It seems ESN (mostly red) topsheets are the most sensitive, tacky chinese and japanese ones are more durable. (MX-P topsheet is japanese, i'm right?)
wait a minute,

corrosive, sweat? [emoji14] [emoji4] [emoji6]

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk