Equipment TTD chat

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
His Clipper wood and mine are the same weight , same handle . I think most of pro players know how to choose a good quality of wood but average players don't know it.

Did you pick yours? Usually when a non-sponsored player buys a blade they don't get to choose. Were you given several Clippers to try so you could them all and choose the one you liked?

I think sponsored players are sometimes given that luxury.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
See, Tareq, I am not guessing. Aesics is the outsource company that makes Butterfly shoes. If you look closely at the sole of many Butterfly shoes, it will say Aesics in a groove in the sole. Neither company is hiding that Aesics is the outsource company.

I am not sure which brands, but I do think Mizuno makes shoes for at least one TT brand.

I actually like just using indoor soccer (football) shoes. Badminton shoes are perfect for TT also.

Oh i forgot that i bought a shoe that is from Yonex, the salesman said that the shoe i bought is used widely for badminton so i assumed it is good for TT too.

I was thinking about Asics before and i did read that it is the outsource one, but that time i didn't find Asics online stores to buy from so BTY was available, and now Mizuno is available, and to my surprise i found a store locally where i can buy Mizuno from, same store i bought Donic TT table from.

This user has no status.
Did you pick yours? Usually when a non-sponsored player buys a blade they don't get to choose. Were you given several Clippers to try so you could them all and choose the one you liked?

I think sponsored players are sometimes given that luxury.

True, in many things in life those VIP or celebrities or famous or pro persons are having luxury or facilities open to them.

Well, i told him to let that pro or as you call it 'sponsored player' choose for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
So I doubt you missed anything and OldSchool was just having some fun without regard to chronology of posts.

so much easier to quote one post and reply and move on ... i did that a few days ago and Archo called me out for quintuple posts, so lately, i have been trying to post one reply and multi-quoting ... hit send too fast and then edited in the other reply

bad joke on my part ... neglected to add emphasis and point out something to Shuki about OP's recent posts

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
so much easier to quote one post and reply and move on ... i did that a few days ago and Archo called me out for quintuple posts, so lately, i have been trying to post one reply and multi-quoting ... hit send too fast and then edited in the other reply

bad joke on my part ... neglected to add emphasis and point out something to Shuki about OP's recent posts

you've been around long enough to not worry about anything arch says. If someone like Dan tells you to stop, then stop. But when you're contributing to the thread with each of your posts surely you're fine.

This user has no status.
So now i still didn't decide on the number of balls to buy for practice/training, i almost know which balls, old ones, but i am in front of two options, 100 balls or 200.

If i buy 200 then the Robot isn't able to accommodate 200 anyway, and even with 200 if i will have a training partner he won't give me 200 for one specific lesson continuously, but at the end i think about if some balls will break then i will have backups, and as the coach told me buy now and add later i feel it isn't saving, very few dollars more and another long waiting too, but is it really 100 a good amount for practice or it is too much or it is not much?

I respect the comment earlier on another thread about saving time with more balls in basket to practice than collecting them back again when they are less quantity, in this case i need to buy another basket bigger or same this which can carry up to 100, or buy a bucket to include as many balls as i need.

This user has no status.
Also part of equipment discussion, i am looking for a net that is placed in the backside so it collect the balls mostly and drop them down to a hole, i saw one from Joola that i can buy online from tt11 as usual, i don't use USA/Canada online stores at all, also Austrslia is out of shipping to us as i can see, i have only TT11 and ttnpp which i didn't buy from since last year.

Any recommendation for a specific one or it doesn't matter?

This user has no status.
Tareq go for 200, you will step on balls or lose them, you will need more anyway.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Indeed, but i also mentioned about the net the collect the balls after i hit them, it may reduce the losing and stepping on the balls, but there is nothing wrong about going with 200 balls anyway.

This user has no status.
Asics is no longer in partnership with butterfly, they are now manufacturing shoes for TSP from 2017 onwards.

hmmmmm
Sounds i will watch 2017 TSP shoes then, there is still time until that, but hope it is not only performance, but also the design and color are tempting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
hmmmmm
Sounds i will watch 2017 TSP shoes then, there is still time until that, but hope it is not only performance, but also the design and color are tempting.

Sure, if you like the current Butterfly/Asics lineup in terms of design, you should purchase it now as next year's design with TSP might change.

This user has no status.
Sure, if you like the current Butterfly/Asics lineup in terms of design, you should purchase it now as next year's design with TSP might change.

No, i am not in a hurry, i have 2 or 3 shoes already, in fact nowadays i am looking for Mizuno shoes, but if i won't buy any soon then i can just wait and see what will be in 2017, it is just so near.